The Maggoat - Supreme Dark Lord of the Musk

CaptainA

So in getting back on the saddle for this ITC year, and wanting something that interests me and would be fun to play, I've settled back on my Daemons and the Lords of the Musk. My Slaanesh Goat conversion army. I tried a variation where it was 2 knights, fateweaver, and my daemonettes in a flayertroupe, and had some success, but it was definietly a mid tier army that suffered against Eldar, Tau, and others. I was also very sad to have my supreme sorceror get outclassed by a psyclopia cabal and other stupid psyker formations that cast on 2+ or 3+. It was dumb. So I'm going dumber with Magnus.

I tried Magnus with the FLayertroup and it just didn't work enough. Magnus is a warp charge hog and needs a lot of dice to fully be realized. So I'm going hard warp charge with Magnus, Lord of Change, Fateweaver, and other fixings. It is also a bit complicated as to get magnus my minimum point cost is 815 and 840 if I do the Thousand Suns formation, so I have to be careful for ITC if I want to be having all my scores go to the Daemon faction. (its most points in a detachment or faction, not warlord now).

I've tried a test game or two and have enjoyed what the new list brings, but now have to get everything cracking.

I'll use this to log the progress of the list/models/events i go to for funsies. Some of it may crossover for articles at Frontline, but hey, a boy needs to get some coverage to make a buck ya know?

Proposed List

Thousand Sons CAD

Sorceror - Mark of Tzeentch

10 Cultists - MOT

10 Cultists - MOT

The Maggoat - Magnus The Red

Daemons Cad

Herald of Tzeentch - Exalted GIft (Grimoire), Exalted Locus of Creation

11 Pink Horrors

11 Pink Horrors

Daemons Formation - Omniscient Oracles

Fatewaver

Lord of Change - Impossible Robe, Lvl3, 2 Greater Gifts

This makes Fatweaver or Magnus a 2+, LOC a 3+, Magnus a 3+ with a blessing and should allow them to fly around and act as gunboats and summoners. Focus on Magnus with Fatty and LOC backup. Lots of warp charges and fun.

The Build

Magnus - To honor the Lords of the Musk, Magnus has become The Maggoat - I put a Cygor head on him with Tyranid wings and greenstuffed fur. Doing his armor seperately and will put it on later. So far so good. Pics incoming

Pink Horrors - These will be Gor's with greenstuff flames and tentacles on the arms. Painted pink with brown fur.

Blue Horrors - These are ManticAbyssals with Tzangor, Ungor, and Abyssal heads for unit breakdwons.

Brimstone - Bought a bunch of Bits Pudlo brims. Mixing in some little guys from the Abyssal sprues.

Cultists - Ungors with human heads and guns.

Sorceror - Cool Beastmen Character I have.

LOC and Fateweaver - I have one of the new kits and think I may just get another and go with these as they are pretty dope. DOn't know if I have the skills to do a full on goat conversion with those big kids. I had another goat daemon that was old fateweaver size and quoato in nature (Total Recall). May still go with that. but then it'd be so much smaller than the new LOC.

Pics later.

• Like 4