So I have a tourney to head to in 2 months. it is 2k and using itc rules

A list I am looking at is

Kharne and 19 berzerkers

zhufor and 18 berzerkers

2 squads of 10 cultists

a fire raptor

a storm eagle

and a khad assault pod

so basically one berzker blob rides in pod, one rides in eagle.

I am sure that this will not win the event but going 3-2 is always the goal.

are the chances good? or is this totally wrong for 8th?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sounds good now, but I worry that the upcoming TAU codex will ruin any assault-only armies. I think that list is too reliant on melee to solve all it's problems. 

Also, because your only CHARACTER models are special characters, you can't take any Chaos Artefacts. Definitely going to want that Brass Collar option just to have some psychic defense on the table. I know, world eaters have that 4+ save that cost command points, but even if you have spare command points, it's only once per phase, so they get chewed up pretty bad in the psychic phase. World Eaters are pretty scewed against psyker heavy armies, and I'd expect those at any Tourney because psyker spam is very effective.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skkipper said:

new thought is

Khorne dozer

Kytan

Porphyrion

because 3 is a magic number!!!!

Too bad you can't get 3 of the same faction with stratagem access...3 Khorne Dozers (Lord of Skulls, right?), for example, would have access to the CSM stratagems. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, paxmiles said:

Too bad you can't get 3 of the same faction with stratagem access...3 Khorne Dozers (Lord of Skulls, right?), for example, would have access to the CSM stratagems. 

the kytan, lord of skulls and brass scorpion are of the same faction and all can be legion worldeaters.  I have about 200 points left over so may add a plasma obliterator to the mix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skkipper said:

fortifactions are better in 8th because they can't be taken over by opponent.

On the other hand, destroyed fortifications in 8e are removed, while in 7e they'd stay on the table, count as ruins, and continue to affect LoS. Additionally, buildings now have a fixed BS, instead of using the BS of the embarked unit. So that Plasma Obliterator, for example, hits on 5s. 8e fortifications are also a lot harder to affect with buffs, given that most 8e buffs specify factions. A Warpsmith can't repair a building, for example.

Dunno which edition's are best, but they both gained and lost with the edition change.