strugling to build a army

TW_Haines

Hello all, Timothy here

As the title Said Im having a hard time making a good army list. Im playing Chaos Marines and Space Wolves both using many of the same minis.

Thing is all the units I think are cool I dont think help that much. Missile launches for long fang/heavy weapon squads dont seem to do the trick. Terminators are slow cost a lot and, I have a hard time reaching things to kill. my vindicator is fun but easy to kill. what units do well?

space wolves

gray hunters with plasma and a standard seen good

rune priest with codex powers are awsome

lone wolves dont reach anything in time but are beasts if it makes contact

what else do I need?

ChaosMarines

I take them as troops but have been told there not all that good

chaos lord in TDA looks good but then Im stuck with a slow unit

damon lord is nice and killy but vary costly

Havocs look good but are thay woth it?

spawns are good but I have not got any yet

Should I get a second vindicator? or a land raider?

Should my armys be allied ?

If so my wolves and chaos need fast attack

blood angels for wolves, or should I just play them out of the space marines codex and use chapter tactics from somewhere else.

Chaos only thing that makes sense is damons.

Thank you for any input.

Timothy

I can't opine effectively about Space Wolves, but if you want to talk CSM, we should sit down over beer some Tuesday evening. If you're looking for allies, Guard works really nicely for both. The old Guard/Daemon/CSM combo that was the Lost and the Damned is still one of the coolest things GW has ever done.

I guess the place to start is, what type of armies do you want to run? You named some units you like, but what type of play style are you hoping for? how fast, shooty, assaulty, flexible, resilient, big, little, hairy, stalwart, and warty do you want your army to be? When folks say "Holy [big bad swear word], Timothy's army is so ....", how do you want them to finish the sentence? What's the coolest thing in the 40k universe to you? Complete the following sentence.. "even if I lost every single game, I would be happy as a pig in mud if..."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.