Final Battle in Planetary Empires

Threejacks

My Stompa boys had to face my dreaded arch enemy the Tau! and we don't run from nuthin!

So yeah got Bitch slapped by epic shooting on turn one as usual LOL.

I mainly wanted to see Joel`s army in action to just how refined the Tau have Become since the codex was released about a year ago and WOW! I don't see how any faction can reliably stand up to that much shooting without major list tailoring..but I don't know many of the other armys that well so im sure it can be done just not by Orks lol.

Thanks again Joel for the battle even if it was rather short lived hehe.

I had a great time with the campaign:) ended up with 3 tiles and a Spaceport and got to use the Stompa,my fort network and the Aquila.Im really happy how the Dreadmob worked out and I have several other parts of it I want to try out.Im currently planning a Kitbash on a 1/48th scale UH1 Huey for my first Warkopta,I have 2 Grot tanks ready for paint and Ive started a kitbash on a F86 to make a Burna/Blitza bomber using the leftover bits from my Dakka jet kit:) though I will probably set the Orks aside soon as IG gets released and see what they got.

I really hope that more events like this are planned as I think 40k lends very well to this kind of casual low level competition focusing more on playing models for their fun/coolness factor.Perhaps its possible to run some custom narrative scenarios each session and/or use some of the environmental effect rules or just use some of the many Alter of War scenarios in the Books/Codexes out there.Either way im ready for the next one!

Not sure if im gonna be there next Tuesday for building/makeup as my 11 year old has a concert hes playing in and I usually cant get out of those things,heh.

Also I wont be able to make the Apoc battle this time due to the "Stuck at home with the kids" thing;( Perhaps another one later this year?

• Like 1

Also I wont be able to make the Apoc battle this time due to the "Stuck at home with the kids" thing;( Perhaps another one later this year?

Can we do it at your house? Would be a shame to not have you there.

-Pax

Can we do it at your house? Would be a shame to not have you there.

-Pax

Hehe,,that would be fun for sure but unfortunately my Garage needs a big cleanup still..I was actually talking with my oldest about trying to do one this Spring/Summer with the stuff we got (around 8k total over 5 armys plus all the forts).Ive got a Ping Pong Table plus my 4x6 game table though the table heights are a little different..and the Garage is actually finished off but still has the roll up door...its a double too.No heat out ther so its a fair weather game room only!.

The biggest thing im short on is terrain, we use Imaginex and Heroscape stuff a lot when we play,lol.

If I can get it better organized I would say there should be room for probably 4-6 players

Ill have to put some thought into this and perhaps we could get one of these going:)