"New" player returning for 8E

NickB

Short intro: I'm a semi-active Warmachine/Hordes player, but played 40k back in 3rd/4th edition 10+ years ago. 8E caught my eye, and I have the itch to get back into the game. I haven't played 40k in a long time, and I haven't looked around Oregon for 40k groups before.

So I'm wondering what days and what locations people meet up at around Portland and in Beaverton/Hillsboro, either as a part of this community or just in general. (I'm from the St. Helens area, so it's a commute to any place, really.) I'm also wondering what kind of point sizes people typically play with, and what's considered standard now. I did read the pinned post in the other forum, but I wasn't sure how dated the information is, as some posts are 6-7 years old.

Once the summer work season is over and I have some free time again, I'd like to come check out some game nights before I make the plunge and buy an army.

• Like 2

Welcome back!

Well there are lots of active communities in Portland and the surrounding area.  Ordo also has a club house to!  Currently we are on the second to last week of a escalation league, but if things go according to plan and I get elected to a senate seat (wink wink voters 😉) I plan to start up another league for the fall and winter.  Details not worked out yet but probably not a escalation league since every just got done building armies lol.  It will be more focused of fun and friendly matches however.  If your looking for competitive environments I suggest Guardian Games Wednesday Night league.

There are also some great places to play! My 3 spots are the club house, Red Castle (btw great Pre-order/special order discount there 20% off!) and Guardian Games.  I also hope to make it out to Dice Age in Vancouver soon, owner over there has a very nice store.  Haven't been to Portland Game store yet but I hear good things!

The "standard" is 2000pts, but with the new power level system it's also easy to just throw something together really quick for a match. 

We have a league night this Tuesday at the club, people start getting there around 4ish.  Come on down and check it out if you are free!

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...