Help A Gunsmith Get His Start!

The Last Guardsmen

So as some of you might know I'm trying to become a Gunsmith. To attain this goal I'm taking relevant classes at Mt. Hood and trying to find a place to set up a workshop to practice in. Thing is I need materials to practice on. As such I'm looking for anyone who might have old worn out parts for example furniture I can practice checkering, cleaning, stripping and refinishing. Unwanted firearms(broken ones too), accessories, & ammo are welcome too. Naturally once I'm good enough to charge for my services Ordo members will get a discount. 

EDIT: I wish to clarify something. I'm not asking for hand outs. You will be compensated.

• Thanks 1

If you need notes I can look up all my armorer course notes and materials for Colt AR15s, Glock handguns and Remington 870 shotguns.

Secondary hint:  contact your local law enforcement agencies and see how they dispose of weapons systems.  A lot follow the "render inert" rule by cutting them up.  Hence, your parts.  For free.

Stay safe,

don

• Thanks 1

I'd be happy to do what I can.  If you're ever up in the great white north (Bellingham, WA) or plan to be let me know.

I had certifications in all those weapon systems and be happy to walk you through things too so notes make sense.  "To do is to understand," so to speak.

Give me time, as I gotta dig through stuff and photocopy but I can start easy (Glock) and go from there.  And seriously, I will happily do a course for you (and others if they want) and teach all I know.  Happy to help.

Stay safe,

don

Okey doke, will do.  Wifey poo travels a lot and sometimes I get sent down south for work so maybe it'll work out easy!

Lemme know how the gun stuff works with local LE.  If not, I can contact my product rep for the western region for stuff and see if he can't hook you up.  Keep me posted on here and I can work on that if the LE agencies don't work out.