playing time by points - missions - lists

barca

A recent concern mentioned by Bpoli7 was on Friday, 6/21: " I think 100 pts of Late War is a lot. ... but it is still a lot of tanks for 2.5 hrs"

To get some actual data around that concern - playing time - let's collect data for an informal analysis about how long it takes to play lists and missions.

Format for data to report on late war battles: Completion time (in hours), result, victory points, points, mission, list #1, list #2, speed, notes

Here are some examples of entries:

• 2.25, completed, 8:1, 100, Free-for-All, US Sherman Tank Formation, German Armored Panzergrenadier with Panther Support, fast, NOTES: none
  • 2.5, timed out, 2:1, 105, No Retreat, UK Churchill Formation, GE Grenadier Kompanie with PaK40s and Tiger 1 platoon, average/moderate, NOTE: 25 Veteran Churchills
  • 3.0, completed, 6:3, 95, Breakthrough, US Armoured Rifle formation + M10s, GE Armored Car formation x2 + Pz IV Kompanie, slow, NOTE: Germans had 30 armored teams

I think 2.5 hours will be a reasonable amount of game time. On Thursdays we get in a game from 6:30 to 10. In that time we set up, and then clean up, and have many interruptions, and take our time. I think late war is better balanced and oriented towards events then any other edition. But, we will have to see, but I do not think we should be concerned currently.