Local Changes for social gatherings

barca

As of this posting, I have not seen any changes on the web sites nor on FB pages for these game stores, to indicate major changes in schedules, policies nor events:

However, that may change, given the changing situation and advisories around COVID-19 virus.

I encourage everyone who goes to gaming events and game stores to check the web and social media for those events and locations before you go, to ensure that your activity will still occur.

If anyone in our regular groups opts to remain at home for an event, please communicate that intention with your friends/fellow gamers.

If you are hosting an event, and intend to cancel, then please communicate your cancellation ASAP, with the hosting locale and your participants.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Updates from News groups and the state government/governor's web sites, FRI, MAR 13:

• Enfilade! 2020: As of this week, the board members of NHMGS have not yet cancelled the Enfilade! 2020 event. They are monitoring Washington State and Thurston County policies concerning public gatherings and efforts to contain the COVID-19 virus. Olympia is in Thurston County. Check the NHMGS web page for if you have heard otherwise.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

• Thurston County (WA) declares local emergency, prohibits events with 250 people or more. March 12th. According to the resolution, gatherings with fewer than 250 attendees are prohibited unless organizers take these steps.
  • WASHINGTON: Public gatherings and events of more than 250 people will be banned in Pierce, King, and Snohomish counties as the state tries to slow the spread of coronavirus, Gov. Jay Inslee announced Wednesday. The prohibition will run through March and is likely to be extended, possibly for months. It also could be extended to other counties depending on the spread of the virus.
  • A similar statement is here: "Inslee issues emergency proclamation that limits large events to minimize public health risk during COVID-19"
  • OREGON: In Oregon, on March 11, Governor Kate Brown issued a similar statement: “Effective immediately, all large gatherings in the state of Oregon over 250 people will be canceled for four weeks,” she said. See the full announcement at oregon.gov "Governor Kate Brown Announces Forthcoming Orders on COVID-19” March 11, 2020.

Note: I will not be updating this thread unless or until there is an UPDATED official statement from NHMGS about the status of Enfilade! 2020.

Since I provided the links to each FLGS, above, I will also not record here any changes in their polices.

As always, this thread is open for comment...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1