SPECIAL (1006/1400)

6 Crypt Horrors

6 Hex Wraiths

6 Hex Wraiths

4 Vargheists (Champion)

4 Vargheists (Champion)

2 Fell Bats

TOTAL: 2,796

The fragility of the two hero vampires made me uncomfortable, so instead I went back to the vampire lord and toned down his blendiness a bit to make him more survivable. Hero vampire trades red fury out for a bit of survivability as well. Makes me quite a bit more comfortable to run the two of them on their own now.

I decided to drop the terrorgheist from this list to soften it up a bit, and am running a few more hex wraiths instead. Dropped the spirit host (noooooo) for fellbats to make the ethereal more manageable. New wood elves gives this list nightmares, as does anything with lots of magic missiles, but we'll see how things go. I'm going to run a 2,500 version of this list next Wednesday (sans master necro, and with a terrorgheist instead of the second unit of hex wraiths essentially) to see whether I like it.

Right now the biggest problem I have is dealing with Combat Res. Lost my vampire lord the other day because he rolled 4 1's to wound (against clan rats, of all things), and blew up from SCR (lost combat by 2, had already taken a wound). Grr. It happened because I was too afraid to run him and his lady around on their own, only charging him out of safety at the last moment. So hopefully this list solves some of these problems. I also just need to get a little more ballsy with the two of them...nothing ventured nothing gained, right? Most of this is growing pains, transitioning from a very static TK playstyle. But I'm learning...slowly...:P

Edit: On a separate note, my only concern about this list is that...while it would certainly be a fun list to play *with*, does it look un-fun to play against?

No surprise, I'm being flaky again and changing my mind :P

I went to assemble my terrorgheist yesterday and was totally uninspired by the model. So I did what I always do with a model I'm not a fan of, and start hacking away at it to see if something inspires me. And I was! I've decided to use the zombie dragon head and body, and heavily convert it using some necroknight bits and green stuff into a giant Cobra Dragon thingy. I'll post some pictures to my PLog once I get it in some semblance of a shape. Going to try and tackle the Hood tonight with plasticard and greenstuff.

Whilst going through my bits I also had some inspiration for a coven throne using a spare Warsphinx howdah that I picked up. As a result I think I'm going to go aaaaaaaaaaaallll the way back to my second list (coven throne + terrorgheist + vargs + crypt horrors). I don't need the hex wraiths if I'm only protecting a single lord, and frankly I'm extremely unimpressed with the hex wraiths as is. They're just too bloody fragile.

So the final list (barring tweaks) will be this:

Lords (689/700):

King Mekhet

Vampire Lord

Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Hellsteed

Night Shroud, Talisman of Preservation

Quickblood, Red Fury

Level 1 (Vampires)

Vizier Neferkare

Master Necromancer

Black Periapt
Level 4 (Vampires)

Heroes (605/700):

Queen Iset (Coven Throne)

Shield, Lance, Coven Throne

Armour of Destiny

Red Fury

Level 2 (Death)

Priest Skraul Khaddie

Vampire

Level 2 (Death)
Dispel Scroll

Core (700/700):

4x5 Dogs

2x39 skeletons (FC)

1x17 skeletons (FC, Banner of Discipline)

Special (580/1400):

6 Crypt Horrors (Champ)

3 Vargheists (Champ)

4 Vargheists (Champ)

Rare (225/700):

1 Terrorgheist

Total: 2799

Still deciding on lore for the casters. Either the priest/vampire will be death/death or vampires/shadow. The level 2 on shadow I've found a bit underwhelming, though that might just be without the periapt.

Either way, this list lets me bring all the models I want to build. From hereon out I'm going to try and stick with this list in mind for OFCC and put my work into modelling. I'll update this thread as I update my painting log (hopefully there'll be some pictures of my WiP cobra dragon tonight!)