The Ork Warband Formation

Threejacks

Just picked up my new dex from Nexus and wanted to check this out first..

I really like the idea of the Warband formation and seeing as how Ghazkull works now being a LoW and all that..im kinda confused as to if he can be both my Warlord and also be taken as the Warboss for the formation...im kinda hoping this is the case as I believe that all the Boyz mobs would be fearless after turn one due to "Prophet of the Waaagh"?

Also im still a bit foggy on how these formations work(yup im dense) but im assuming that when it says I need to take 6 mobs of boys they will field as 6 separate units and not be all joined together?...like the Green tide in Apoc is?

On another note...after fielding my Blitza Bomba the other night and having fun with it dropping its nerf footballs onto the battlefield,its nice to see that its much more powerful now,,though still not really viable,heh.

Also Kans are more expensive FUUU...but I may just have to run a Sixpak anyway:)

Ghaz as a character can be the warlord. Not surebif he can count as the warboss. However Ghaz is not an HQ and unless he has a rule stating he counts as a warboss I would say no. The special ork formations may be why Ghaz is a low, to prevent certain combos or at least make them cost a few more points. I'll have my books soon enough to double check but based on the facts as presented this would be my understanding.

Yeah I think you are correct on that.

One of the Warband bonuses allows a reroll on the traits table so you actually would get 2 chances at rolling the 1 for the all fearless every turn waaagh after the first turn thing still,hehe

Another unit im thinking may get more play time now is Tankbustas,lking what I see there:)

I cant see how you can have Ghaz as anything but the warlord/warboss. for gods sake he is the badest Ork in the galaxy.

He is so big even if he is around there is a warboss (subordinate) there that is more directly in charge. Ghaz is a lord of war and his decisions are for more than the small battlefield immediately surrounding him. But as he is an ork when there are heads to bust he busts them! In seventh you can pick any character to be your warlord not just an HQ...

Looks like the Big Mek and the Warboss are the only other untis that can take a Gitfinda so bs3 is still rather limited..but maybe doing a Big Mek with SAG with bs3?...but he wouldn't be able to have cybork with it.

And the minimum price for the Warband formation looks to be 524 points.I think ill work this first and see what I can add to it.