9th Age Warhammer Fantasy

I made a post in the main Warhammer forum, but figured I'd put one here too.

Remember when 8th Edition died and a bunch of people started make house-ruled versions to try to keep it alive? Most of them didn't have much support and died out, but one of them had both the ETC people and the Swedish Komp people behind it and is still going. They've been improving their main rules and just released the beta versions of all of the army books. Overall, the changes to the main rules look really good; mainly just lots of fixing abuses from 8th edition and making the game less random and more balanced while still preserving some randomness and all of the flavor that made Warhammer Fantasy great. I'm going to be giving 9th Age a try with Sherbert and you all should probably check it out as well!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about good, but they have the right feel. Hop through units, more dependable movement, and the squigs support instead of the riders!

The herds are just easier to deal with a model is a model in that unit no mix and match to keep track of.

Little sad to lose the ability to have the big squig riding characters join the little squigs but it is prolly best they hop alone... So what points should I figure to? If you would be so kind as to also point out the required points and any quick limitations I'd appreciate it :)

2500 points

Max 35% Lords

Max 50% combined Lords/Heroes

Min 25% Core

Max 25% Rare

Max 3 of the same character

Max 4 of the same Core

Max 3 of the same Special

Max 2 of the same Rare

Hmmmm the max number makes it difficult to fill the points... I like my high number of fighty cheap Heroes... I'll just have to check if there are rules against regular gobos mixing with cave gobos. Also how does that apply to those entries... This could still be very tricky to get a full gobo list without mixing in some orcs...

More 9th Age news, a big update just came out today that was mostly an army balance patch based on tournament data they've gotten along with reworking a few universal rules (cannons and parry are the big ones)

This is their last big update for a while with just a minor update scheduled around Xmas so check it out!

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/news/index.php?news/157-the-9th-age-beta-release-v0-10/

I'm not sure about good, but they have the right feel. Hop through units, more dependable movement, and the squigs support instead of the riders!

The herds are just easier to deal with a model is a model in that unit no mix and match to keep track of.

Little sad to lose the ability to have the big squig riding characters join the little squigs but it is prolly best they hop alone... So what points should I figure to? If you would be so kind as to also point out the required points and any quick limitations I'd appreciate it :)

Good news! Squig characters can join Squig Hopper units in the new update :)

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.