Formations?

Maybe their not called formations, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Those special rules if you field certain warscrolls together.

Okay, does the formation refer to the unit NAME, or the the unit KEYWORD? For example, many named heroes include the name of the regular hero as a keyword for their entry. Can I field that one instead?

I'm presently looking a the Skaven "Pestelient Clawpack." It requires a Plague Priest, a Plague Furnace, and 3 units of Plague Monks.

All of the named units are also keywords in their entry. Furthermore, the Plague Furnace is also a Plague Priest. There is also a Plague Priest named hero (Lord Skrolk)

So, can I field Lord Skrolk instead of my require Plague Priest? They both have the Plague Priest keyword.

How about fielding 2 Plague Furnaces (1 as the plague furnace and one as a plague priest, as the model has both keywords)?

I'm down for that.

On a side note, are you fine with special characters, or would be nice if I steered away from those?

Named Characters should be fine as long as the Keyword to allow them is there:)

I just read the short set of rules for the Warscroll Battalions and didn't notice this before...it states that the scrolls in the battalion can be all placed at once,counting as one drop.Of course they can also all be placed alternating OR some of the Warscrolls in the Battalion can be placed as one drop.Possibly something to consider in those scenarios were who ever completes deployment first gets to choose who goes first.

Named Characters should be fine as long as the Keyword to allow them is there:)

I just read the short set of rules for the Warscroll Battalions and didn't notice this before...it states that the scrolls in the battalion can be all placed at once,counting as one drop.Of course they can also all be placed alternating OR some of the Warscrolls in the Battalion can be placed as one drop.Possibly something to consider in those scenarios were who ever completes deployment first gets to choose who goes first.

I was actually asking in general, not in regard to the warscroll battalions, but I think the above still answers my question.