Clarification on splitting attacks

We ran into this last session if I remember correctly.

The question was "do we need to assign all attacks from a unit first before throwing dice"?

According to the "Attacking" section on the final page of the rules,it appears that yes,a player needs to assign all attacks from an attacking unit first before throwing any dice(resolving).

Reference the first paragraph in "Attacking"."When a unit attacks,you must first pick the target unit(s) for the attacks."

Splitting up attacks from different or even the same source on an attackers warscroll is fine so long as its clear what attacks are going were before any dice are thrown.

Doesn't come into play much but I think I was getting a bit foggy on the definition so I wanted to clear things up.

According to the "Attacking" section on the final page of the rules,it appears that yes,a player needs to assign all attacks from an attacking unit first before throwing any dice(resolving)..

To be fair, the only reason I was splitting attacks is because you suggested I could do this. I was not splitting attacks prior to your "fun fact" about how we could split attacks.