Firestorm Armada: First stab at painting

spagunk

Just wanted to drop in some pics from a test model I am doing for my first FSA models:

ScytheSoryBack.jpg

ScytheSoryLSide.jpg

ScytheSoryFront.jpg

ScytheSoryRSide.jpg

Things I need to work on:

Add glow to weapons so that they stand out - That's why I was a bit sloppy with the metal highlights.

Straighten my white lines - The painters tape wasn't enough to prevent my lines from getting sloppy. Pretty much tried to fix it by eye which has my white lines a bit off.

Add light glow to windows - Aren't many on this model but could help break up the model a bit.

Figure out how I want my engine to look - Someone already pointed out that maybe I have the engine glow wrong (IE the claw like things around the main circle) but I like what I see so far. Just need to get the bottom part done so it looks finished.

I intend to go back over my black highlights to make them a bit neater/thinner so that is still on the books. As stated, the weapons need something to make them stand out so I may be doing some red glow on the cannon ports. The silver Patches were my attempt to look like they had to do repairs without repainting the ship but I don't like how they turned out so I may get rid of that and use streaks/scrapes instead. I also intend to paint the base with a star field but I am not certain where I want to go with that.

But essentially this will be my paint scheme for the rest of my models. I have a bunch of cruisers (heavy and regular), a squad of gunships, more frigates, a battle ship and battle cruisers to go through so my work is cut out for me for awhile.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 2