Assassin or Sisters??

Talonwinter

I have been running the assassin for anti- death stars. But we have a new sisters unit that is nice as well.

Which is better.

Most people know the assassin already so I will not go in to them much.

My thoughts on the sisters.

The new formation for sister allows only a free great sword upgrade that is + 1 strength , AP2 and at Initiative 5. Having a few in the unit seams like a good idea to me. I like to have 2 5 man units with swords but I think one 7 -8 woman unit will have to work.

What do you think of the new formation for the sister? Would two units be better? It would take away two dice away from your opponent instead of one. How big is that in game terms to have a warp dice taken from you?

Also is it better to have two units that take away from powers then just one large one?

mmm I may just need 10 basic sisters to run two 5 man squads. it is only 150 points just like the assassin and it gives me two bubbles that people have to get ride of instead of one.

The assassin is hard to hit and has s 4++ with 3 wounds.

Sister have more wounds and are in two different areas of the map making you have to kill the bubble twice.

For the same points which is the better way to go.??

• Like 1

The Assassin is easier to hide behind terrain and has superior innate deployment options; for the time being, at least, his aura also works out of a transport. Sisters are better in combat and are less likely to die to random Boltguns shooting at them and whatnot. They are also potentially a lower investment, since you can choose to take just five of them if you want.

I think the Sisters are a little bit better than the Assassin generally speaking, but the Assassin is not without merit. If you find yourself using him aggressively a lot then he may be more useful. Also, if you don't want to buy transports for the Sisters, he is more functional.

Two units of Sisters is definitely superior to one larger unit in most scenarios, though of course that means two transports for them instead of just one. (Without a vehicle to get them to the enemy, either Drop Pod, Rhino, or what have you, I don't think Sisters of Silence are really functional. Auras on foot just don't cut the mustard.)