Necron foam trays?

Dark Trainer

Looking for insight into what size foam trays i could get for Necrons. I'm figuring out a carry case solution and haven't quite wanted to bite the huge cost of battle foam for custom cuts. Thinking pluck foam is fine, and the game plus trays seem reasonable in price. That said, what thickness would you recommend for Necrons. Thinking 1" for warriors/immortals (but heard maybe 1.5"). I have everything sealed with paint protector so not too concerned about tighter fitting foam. What about Wraiths, vehicles, etc. Just measure them and assume?

Any insight or help would be great. I didn't see dimensions on the battle foam custom trays (assumed on purpose).

• Like 1

Having used a few various foams for my necron's, I found anything that has warriors standing up has a high rate of breaking their guns off. I advise something where you can lay them on their backs or ample space for the guns.

With all the fiddly bits in a necron army I highly advise either a magnetized display board or Tablewar case for transportation.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purajh said:

Having used a few various foams for my necron's, I found anything that has warriors standing up has a high rate of breaking their guns off. I advise something where you can lay them on their backs or ample space for the guns.

With all the fiddly bits in a necron army I highly advise either a magnetized display board or Tablewar case for transportation.

Just my 2 cents.

But what about vehicles too. I agree, the foam trays don't seem ideal for the warrior guns(i've just been using tupperware for warrior blobs), and then boxes for my vehicles. Just trying to find a way to carry it all without too much cost. Pluck foam seems like it would meet the requirement, even if I just kind of tossed em in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

But what about vehicles too. I agree, the foam trays don't seem ideal for the warrior guns(i've just been using tupperware for warrior blobs), and then boxes for my vehicles. Just trying to find a way to carry it all without too much cost. Pluck foam seems like it would meet the requirement, even if I just kind of tossed em in.

You can get pluck or carved foam for vehicles. You can also magnetize the vehicles pretty easily to fit on a mag'd display board or tablewar case.

I actually broke down to foam sheets in bankers box lids for my vehicles. fairly open but not ideal for transport. if you magnetize the flight stands on the larger barges they can break down to go into pluck foam well.

wraiths I just eventually went with the old metal ones that were less fiddly. they can hold up to being tossed anywhere but they are metal. in a pinch you could use 3 inch tall pluck foam for wraiths standing up or 2 inch if you want to make channels so they can lay down on the their side but have support in the middle section.

I went the ultimate cheap rout on my foam and got a foam mattress topper from wa-mart for 5 bucks and cut it up.

• Like 1