KILL TEAM: Week 4, Mission 4: Man the comms!

Dark Trainer

We're in the last half of the league, here's this weeks mission. Don't forget to record your games on the threads for each week.

INCREASE to 110 points to accommodate your experienced teams

Here is the PDF for the mission: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fiFxmcreHN60YUlWOd6PQT9D3eI8xHvQ

Kill Team League Mission 4: Man the comms!

1)   Narrative:

Having these resources will help us greatly. We need to try and contact our home world to initiate rescue protocols. Sadly, our communication equipment is in pieces. We need to get this hunk of junk assembled and hope our call for help is received. Only time will tell…

2)   Battlefield:

Setup the standard 30”x22” mission board with terrain of your choosing. You will need 1-3 objective markers, but not deployed on the battlefield. They will be used as comms relays you build during the mission.

3)   Deployment: (one on one OR two on two)

a.      Scouting phase (page 49), pick a secret strategy by hiding a D6 and reveal at the same time as opponent.

image.png.1d4c84b0deb62a706726e41946c3522c.png

4)     Objective:

-        Score the comms relay by sending a signal for help each turn or destroy enemy comms relays.

Building the comms relay:

·        It takes two turns to build a comms relay (can build more than one). At the beginning of your movement phase a model can choose to remain stationary and build the comms relay. Deploy an objective marker face down. At the start of the following movement phase, flip the objective face up to show the tower’s completion.

Sending the signal:

·        If the comms tower is active (face up) and has a friendly model in base contact; at the end of that morale phase score +1 VP for that turn. Only 1 VP can be earned this way for that turn, even if multiple towers are active.

Destroy enemy comms relay:

·        Move in base contact with the comms relay and you MUST direct an attack at the tower. Any melee attack auto hits and destroys the tower. Can split attacks to CC as long as one is directed at the tower.

·        Gain +1 VP for each enemy comms relay destroyed

5)     Battle length: 4 turns. After turn 4, roll a 3+ to continue. Turn 5 a 4+, and ends after turn 6.

6)   Victory Conditions:

+1 VP per enemy model knocked out of action (max is equal to smallest team size played this mission)

+X VP’s per time your comms relay sent the signal

+X VP's for each enemy comms relay you destroy

+3 VP’s if enemy team is broken

+1 VP for fully painted kill team OR newly painted model for the kill team

Winning team gains 1 resource, losing team loses 1 resource. If winning score is double or more a losing team’s score, double the spoils (+2/-2 resources). If a draw, no resources gained or lost.

• Thanks 1

So for clarity, does the model making the com station give up their movement, their turn, or are they just unable to move during their turn? Like, can I ready to shoot while building the com station since readying doesn't require moving (despite it being used instead of moving)? Or am I unable to shoot because I'm focusing on making a com station?

52 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

So for clarity, does the model making the com station give up their movement, their turn, or are they just unable to move during their turn? Like, can I ready to shoot while building the com station since readying doesn't require moving (despite it being used instead of moving)? Or am I unable to shoot because I'm focusing on making a com station?

Basically it happens before movement, at the start of the phase. The rule only says remain stationary, so I suppose you could ready as it fits in that rule. So RAW is that way. 

I had intended it to replace your movement option (like your busy during movement phase). That would be RAI. You can decide with you opponent, I'd be ok either way as long as both players played it the same.

You can shoot as normal after movement phase.