Shadespire Restricted and Banned Lists

pretre

Hey guys! Today, we’ve got some important news about the future of Warhammer Underworlds Organised Play, plus a cracking new free tool for you to try. Let’s get stuck in with the new rules for deck-building first…

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-SubheaderDouble1do.jpg

We’ve been keeping a keen eye on competitive events across the world since the release of Warhammer Underworlds – even sending our game developers to arbitrate them! One thing we’ve noticed is certain cards popping up again and again, as well as a small number of cards having far more of an impact than was intended. This was resulting in same-y deck builds and a less satisfying experience for all players.

Organised Play is at the heart of Warhammer Underworlds, and we’re committed to keeping it as awesome as possible.

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-EventImage4sm.jpg

As such, we’re introducing Banned and Restricted Lists for Warhammer Underworlds Organised Play. Written in conjunction with our playtesting team, this list is designed to keep games exciting, varied and fun, and to ensure that deck-building remains an interesting and rewarding part of the Underworlds experience.

To this end, we’re introducing a Restricted List to limit your selections when deck-building for Organised Play games. Alongside this is a Banned List of cards that are no longer permitted in Organised Play at all.

Let’s take a look at these two lists:

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-Subheader2vr.jpg

As we’ve said above, we’ve noticed certain powerful cards cropping up more and more in top-tier decks. None of these cards are too strong individually, but collectively, they’ve been resulting in less diversity than we’d like at the top of the field. So, we’re introducing a new rule for deck-building in Organised Play events: the Restricted List.

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-RestrictedSpread5sl.jpg

ALL of these cards are legal for Organised Play, but you’ll be allowed no more than 5 cards from this list in any combination for your deck. All of these cards are universal, meaning no individual warband is disproportionately affected. This makes for more interesting decisions when building your next Grand Clash winner.

Next, the Banned List:

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-Subheader3gx.jpg

We want to avoid banning cards wherever possible, but over the past year, we’ve had loads of feedback on three particular ploys that have been having a disproportionate impact on the game.

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-BannedCards6gx.jpg

As such, we’re creating a Banned List, these are the first three inductees, meaning they cannot be included in your deck for any official Warhammer Underworlds Organised Play event. We think that taking these cards out of the game will lead to more interesting and challenging games for all players, as well as a more diverse range of decks.

We’ll continue to keep an eye on local and Grand Clashes for cards that are having too much of an impact on the game, but we hope to only very rarely need to update the Banned and Restricted Lists. And, of course, we’d welcome any feedback from you, the players at whunderworlds@gwplc.com.

You can download the latest Banned and Restricted Lists below:

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-RestrictedDownloadButtonv2jvr-1.png

BloodGloryReveals-Nov2-WHUWDeckBuilderHeader2jvr.jpg

We want to make sure that building decks for Warhammer Underworlds remains fun, intuitive and rewarding – and so, to help, we’re releasing a new, free tool to make constructing your next Grand Clash-winning deck easier than ever.

2018-11-14.jpg

Some of you might already be familiar with UDeck – a free online deck builder made by Warhammer Underworlds fan Josiah. We loved what Josiah had built, and we quickly decided that it deserved a permanent home on the Warhammer Underworlds website.

We’ve been working with him for the past several months to create a fantastic interface that will allow you to quickly make decks (including the new Banned and Restricted List rules above), save them and print them.  

The result of these efforts is Deck Builder.

Here’s what Josiah had to say about the process:

Josiah: The Warhammer Community team has been awesome to work with and has taken my original app and dialled it up to 11. They’ve got the resources to do more with Deck Builder than I ever could, which also means I can spend my free time painting Zarbag and friends instead of fixing bugs.

I’ll still be roaming the Boston tournament scene here and there and will be at Las Vegas Open for the Warhammer Underworlds Grand Clash. Special shout out to my friends and deck-testing opponents and to Zach at Warhammer in Brookline, MA and the Underworlds crew there.

You’re probably keen to get stuck in and start building your decks right away, and we won’t stop you!

WHUWCardsUpdate-Nov13-LaunchDeckBuilderButton8sm.jpg

For future reference, you’ll find the Deck Builder on the Warhammer Underworlds website, and if you’re looking to get involved in Organised Play, you’re in luck – the latest prize pack is particularly cool. Check it out and see what you can win!

The post Warhammer Underworlds News: Bans, Restrictions, and a New Deck Builderappeared first on Warhammer Community.

• Like 2

This is definitely gonna shake some things up. I'm interested to see how the meta adapts. Heck, I'm interested to figure out how my Magore's Fiends deck is going to adapt 😉

Specifically, my Skaven and Sepuchral Guard are super happy about Great Concussion getting banned 😄

EDIT: Just thought of something else. This is going to make maintaining multiple decks significantly easier. There are still some of these that I want multiples of, but not nearly as many as before.

13 hours ago, WestRider said:

This is definitely gonna shake some things up. I'm interested to see how the meta adapts. Heck, I'm interested to figure out how my Magore's Fiends deck is going to adapt 😉

Specifically, my Skaven and Sepuchral Guard are super happy about Great Concussion getting banned 😄

EDIT: Just thought of something else. This is going to make maintaining multiple decks significantly easier. There are still some of these that I want multiples of, but not nearly as many as before.

Yah my sons Magors deck was using a ton of these he is going to have to change it up too, poor kid haha!

• Like 1