Imperial Paladins 1750

HeroZero

Knight Commander Alaric ( Counts as Pedro )

7 Honor Guard

+ Drop Pod. ( "Pedro" goes here)

10 Sternguard

+ Drop pod

10 Sternguard

+ Drop pod

10 Tactical Marines

+ Rhino

10 Tactical Marines

+ Rhino

5 Devastator Marines

+ Las Cannon x 4

5 Devastator Marines

+ Las Cannon x 4

Thunderfire Cannon

Aegis Defense Line with Quad Gun.

What's everyones thoughts?

8 Tank hunter las Cannon and a TH quad should be plenty to.pop a tank I'd imagine...

No, and it's an issue of both concentration and methods.

For concentration, If I have a heavy mech list (like land raiders or super heavy transports), I really only have three targets in your list. The others are mostly ignoreable. This means that even with the limited fire output of land raiders, I will be on the offensive and you will be forced to react to my movements.

Second issue is that all the AT solutions use the same approach: immobile direct fire. Tanks hidden from TLOS (with AV12+ side), vehicles with solid cover saves, and vehicles that can outrange you. Even hitting you with pinning weapons may disable most of your AT fire, as the lascannons are very lacking if snap firing.

So, example, Leman Russ Battle tank parked in a back corner (rear touching table edge). You deployed first with las on each side and quad in the middle. Side is 13, so the TFC can't hurt it. AV14 front so only the devastators can touch it if positioned properly. Getting a 4+ cover should be pretty easy for the Leman Russ, perhaps from an aegis line. One devastator squad is likely not in range, while the other likely is. 4 shots, probably 3 hits, maybe 1 glance or pen against AV14, and failing half of the time from cover. In turn, battle cannon is likely in range to everything and can ID marines (mostly matters for FNP) while also denying your armor saves. It won't deny cover, but going to ground will impair you greatly. You could still destroy it in assault with krak grenades, but likely, you'll be forced to ignore it all game with everything except that one devastator unit as you won't want to be so close to it.

Anyway, strongly suggest either melta guns or combi-melta on the pod squads. 2 per unit minium, 3 or 4 being ideal. You can find points by downgrading a lascannon or two into different weapons (MM, PC or ML suggested). Could also downgrade quad to icarus, which has both more range and less cost.

-Pax

With borrowed models, it did pretty well against guard+Wscars

Opponent brought

Khan on Foot

Techmarine

Bike command squad with 4 grav

5 scout

Storm raven w MM/Las

Company command w/MoF Forgot what weapons.

2 big 30 man blobs with power weapon sarge and commissars

1 Squad of Veterans w/plasma

Vendetta x2

Colossus x 2

I won the game, but it came down to the wire. If it wasn't for the heroic actions of my tactical squads I'd have lost.

Stupid Storm Raven... Grr.

KAPcom - I already get two pods on t1, I don't have a need for the extra pod.

I squeezed in 4 Combi Melta in each Sternguard by dropping the Lascannond down to different weapon systems. ( Testing HB and MM to see which I like more)

As an aside. Tank hunting Devs with MM just embarrass armor when you get in range.

As an aside. Tank hunting Devs with MM just embarrass armor when you get in range.

Hmmm...might consider them in a drop pod if they've got tank hunters(mm). Any way to twin link them on the drop?

Though, MM devs with tank hunters is exactly why my heavy tanks stay in back.

-Pax

I've actually considered prodding them in actually it'd embarrassing how easy it is to pop a tank with TH MM.

Honestly though, I don't see that much armor anymore. It's either flyers (hellturkeys, ravens, nec-croissants) or wave serpents/raiders

Gone are the days of 14 av 11 bawkes. The hyper accuracy heavy Bolters have proven their worth.