Usually I just hate GW. Now I just want to punch them in the face.

41% is miserable as rumor mongers go. It is barely one step above 'I make [big bad swear word] up to get page hits'.

You realize that you're basically saying two fifths of all his rumors come true. With the sheer volume of salty rumors this monger relays, that's still a lot coming true. And parts of this rumor is already expected or has some semblance of truth to it, ie. dropping finecast, restructuring GW stores in Germany, and so on.

I lol'd. Tell you what, we'll have a good laugh about this when Natfka is wrong again and this is a storm over nothing, just generating him more hits.

Find me at OFCC and we'll do a shot of Glenlivet together  :laugh:

You realize that you're basically saying two fifths of all his rumors come true. With the sheer volume of salty rumors this monger relays, that's still a lot coming true. And parts of this rumor is already expected or has some semblance of truth to it, ie. dropping finecast, restructuring GW stores in Germany, and so on.

Find me at OFCC and we'll do a shot of Glenlivet together  :laugh:

Well, largely I'm saying that three fifths of his rumors are garbage. Seriously, take a look at the other rumor mongers out there like Hastings, Harry, 40kradio, etc. They are up in the 80+% range. <50% is basically throwing darts at a board.

Well, largely I'm saying that three fifths of his rumors are garbage. Seriously, take a look at the other rumor mongers out there like Hastings, Harry, 40kradio, etc. They are up in the 80+% range. <50% is basically throwing darts at a board.

Very true. I definitely don't argue that point with you. But I see Faeit as more of a town crier; they're doing us a service of relaying rumors. And true or false, at least they are letting you know right out of the gate that they are rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt. I honestly don't believe that they will cut the four armies. But GW is known to have done this in the past, so it isn't completely out of the ballpark that they might cut armies. 4 is really pushing it towards that realm of impossibility though...

I think Wisetiger7 was blowing some steam off here becuase of a bad rumor, which he even admitted it seemed bad.

I think sometimes it is good to vent as long as one doesn't get carried away. In the end there isn't a lot anyone was disagreeing on, it's just these rumors sometimes catch us at the wrong time and we need to say "WTF" and hear others to listen and say "Don't panic." And since posters on here know each other lots of times we can relate to each other as humans instead of trolling them.

This is what I like about Ordo.

My main take away from this thread though is that Drak should get a second army. :P

Very true. I definitely don't argue that point with you. But I see Faeit as more of a town crier; they're doing us a service of relaying rumors. And true or false, at least they are letting you know right out of the gate that they are rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt. I honestly don't believe that they will cut the four armies. But GW is known to have done this in the past, so it isn't completely out of the ballpark that they might cut armies. 4 is really pushing it towards that realm of impossibility though...

The thing is that he could do the same job of putting out rumors and relaying them without relaying quite so much gak. Even when people say 'rumors' out front, they are still playing with people's emotions. This thread is testament to that.

While true, every bit of news that comes out of GW lately just gives me another reason to hate them. Look at their steadily increasing prices, their books with less and less actual content, their crazy ass prices for certain kits like a flying chariot or a box of core, the fact that they favor forces of chaos over forces of order which is backed up by every release this past year (including the battlescrolls for the advent calendar - two vampires, a chaos, and a daemon prince), and putting important codices as ebooks only, and the unforgivable lack of FAQs since April '13.  :angry:

Trust me when I say, I was plenty mad before I read that rumor. My teammates can attest to that, as I bombard them with my hate-filled vents on wechat. :laugh:  Not to say they don't have their positives; it's just easier to focus on the negatives.  :biggrin: With the lack of business ethics and fiscal organization, they are on a downward spiral. So when you come across a financial statement where they lost a huge chunk of profit from the year previous, then hear the following rumor that they are slashing some armies, it can almost be believable. Almost.  :wink:

Side note: Drak stated vehemently that he wasn't going to follow suit and get into Warhammer when I started. That is, until I bought him a Mannfred model as a present... Maybe I should buy him a Karl Franz model so he'll start another army...  :tongue: Of course then he'd probably just convert it into a dead body and use it as a unit filler... :dry:

Obviously, you are passionate about this, but... Everyone increases prices. GW is no different. That being said, GW has even decreased prices in the last year with bundling and new kits for some models. Are their prices high? Yep, but they've always been that way and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I can't talk about Fantasy favoring FoC vs FoO since I know jack-all about Fantasy, although they did the opposite for 40k. Important Codices as e-books is little different than important Codices in White Dwarf. The difference is that you can get the book easily after the 'print' date, which was often impossible or spendy for WD back issues (SOB WD Dex anyone?). As for FAQs, I agree. They need to update them.

I can't talk about Fantasy favoring FoC vs FoO since I know jack-all about Fantasy, although they did the opposite for 40k. Important Codices as e-books is little different than important Codices in White Dwarf. The difference is that you can get the book easily after the 'print' date, which was often impossible or spendy for WD back issues (SOB WD Dex anyone?). As for FAQs, I agree. They need to update them.

Heh, that's cause Space Marines & Friends is mostly Space Marines, which is mostly 'good' Space Marines. The dynamic between forces of order and chaos are drastically different in 40K. I do have to say that fantasy-wise, it is blatantly obvious that GW prefers the forces of chaos, which I won't go into.

I don't know if this is because of the lack of evil forces in 40K, or if they just prefer it that way in Fantasy. Even looking at the Chaos Space Marines models, they look absolutely fantastic, far above the design quality of any of the other SM chapters. The gold filigree interlaced in the CSM armor, the alternating bits to show mutated deformities, and even the larger models have incredible ornateness to them. Don't get me wrong, they've come out with some stellar models for forces of order too. The monsters for LM are badass. I actually like the phoenix models from the HE book, as well as the Swiftfeather Roc that pulls the stupid dinghy (don't get me started on the tripping squid chucker or the hermaphroditic two cent tranny). But the CSM release was pure, unadulterated awesome.