W: Monsters! H: cash and/or Reaper MS paints

IamTheHuman

So I mostly play GURPS. If you're not familiar it's just another tabletop RPG system. And we play fantasy. So, I'm always in need of monsters/monstrous creatures and bad guys for the GM (DM for you DnD guys) to throw at us. 

I'm looking for either unpainted/unassembled or at least well assembled miniatures. Not super interested in painted unless the price is near the unassembled price (I would likely just strip and repaint). Newer models preferred, but some of the old metal miniatures can certainly hold their own. 

PM me with details of what you have and your prices. Or upload here. Either way. 

Also. The paints is the $200 set of master series paints from reaper you can find on eBay. It's very slightly used. Most used colors are the bone colors and one of the flesh tones. 

• Like 1

Have you tried Guardian Games? They have a pretty good selection of used miniatures at low cost. You do have to physically go there, so it might be too far for you.

Anyway, I'll check my bins. I probably have some things that would work for you. I'm slowly trying to get rid of the models I don't actually use (and often forget I even own).

Oh, forgot to ask, when you say monsters, what size "monsters" are you thinking? Like the Warhammer/40k/Reaper mini sized models, or are you using another scale?

22 hours ago, IamTheHuman said:

I actually do go there sometimes but I didn't know they had used miniatures. I've seen painted ones but I guess I just assumed their price was based on someone commissioning them. Didn't know it was just straight used. 

If this doesn't bear fruit here I will try that next. 

They have the nicer/fragile ones in the case. They've also started putting used models in blisters. They have several "bins" of used models, typically sorted by the game they think the model/bit goes to. Some bins are displayed in the glass case, while others are behind the counter. They've really gotten organized, and is much better than before. I suggest asking an employee. 

And yeah, they don't do commissions. They just buy models, then resell them. I really like it, because it's a very low hassle way to sell models AND it ensures the models go back to the modeling community. The downside is that they don't give you that much for the models, not unlike selling books to powells. They also sell used legos and used board games. I go to that goodwill outlet store, where you buy things by the pound and sometimes get legos, which I then resell to Guardian Games at a small profit in used credit.

22 hours ago, IamTheHuman said:

Also I should mention looking for seraphon too (specific GM request). 

Oh, well I do have some metal Kroxigors. Sort of aligator men with two-handed weapons. Models are larger than humans, but probably smaller than the current plastics. I have maybe 5 of them. Was planning to convert them into ork nobs with 'uge weapons, but if you actually want them....

I also have an Ettin with a Morning Star. Technically, it's a GW chaos ogre with a second head mutation, but in D&D it would be an Ettin. That one was annoying, because I got it pretty well painted before I realized that the second neck was that, and not part of the armor. Annoying because I had plans for this model with 1 head, and I don't think I can remove or cover the second neck.