Itc and power level caps

derek

Just now, InfestedKerrigan said:

SC only gives 1? Ghetto.

Okay, 100 pts to get 3 tr and 2 hq, go!

Not sure if it can be done. 

Can't do a whole lot with only 100pts. Either need to go multiple cheap HQs in a supreme command, or take multiple auxilery detachments at the loss of command points. Even a patrol detachment would be tough for some armies. 

9 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

SC only gives 1? Ghetto.

12 total detachment options. 

by CP cost:

-1 is auxilery. 

0 is patrol, fortification, and super heavy aux

1 is outrider, spearhead, vanguard, supreme, and air wing

3 is battalion and super heavy

9 is brigade

1 hour ago, derek said:

Ok.  But out of anything not titan wise and not trying to openly be abusive with rules none of the forgeworld tanks are broken super heavy specifically I do have some issues with certain models only because they’re just far to powerful but besides the point 

Yeah, some things are pretty broken in this game, totally agree, just don't think most of the superheavies are, at least of the ones I've seen rules for. They are strong, no question, but condensing lots of points into a single target actually weakens most things in this edition. 

For brokenness, I think the command points should have some limitation which requires them to be spent on units/stratagems from the detachment which they are being gained from, rather than allowing AM to serve as CP farms for other forces. Or otherwise limit how many command points an army can have. I hate the idea of a cheap battalion or brigade being used to boost CP alone, and having no other purpose. I'd rather allow players to buy CP with points, than to field unfluffy armies deliberately for CP needs.

Was also thinking it might make sense to count each special character taken as an artefact for the purposes of how many can be fielded per army/game. So no more than 1 special character OR artefact, unless you spend command points to increase this number. Kinda makes sense, since the special character have their own artefacts anyway. 

9 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Yeah, some things are pretty broken in this game, totally agree, just don't think most of the superheavies are, at least of the ones I've seen rules for. They are strong, no question, but condensing lots of points into a single target actually weakens most things in this edition. 

For brokenness, I think the command points should have some limitation which requires them to be spent on units/stratagems from the detachment which they are being gained from, rather than allowing AM to serve as CP farms for other forces. Or otherwise limit how many command points an army can have. I hate the idea of a cheap battalion or brigade being used to boost CP alone, and having no other purpose. I'd rather allow players to buy CP with points, than to field unfluffy armies deliberately for CP needs.

Was also thinking it might make sense to count each special character taken as an artefact for the purposes of how many can be fielded per army/game. So no more than 1 special character OR artefact, unless you spend command points to increase this number. Kinda makes sense, since the special character have their own artefacts anyway. 

While you can do it cheaper, a brigade of IG cost just a tad under 1k. And that's with a huge amount of mortar teams, sentinels and dudes. Definitely has other purposes.