Duplicate Ascendant Powers?

Transcendent C'tan has two powers it can take from a list. Book specifically lists them as two "Ascendant Powers (weapons)." It is consistent refering to them as weapons. The Tesseract Vault specifically limits to two "different" powers. The Trancendent C'tan does not limit to "different" powers. The word-age is consistent in both the apocalypse and escalation books in the case of these two entiries.

So, can I field a Transcendent C'tan with Cosmic Fire taken twice?

If wondering why the matters, it does drop the minimum cost of a Transcendant C'tan from 645pts to 590pts. Still really expensive, but worth mentioning.

I always try and take the most conservative reading of rules for my stuff -I'd assume they have to be two different powers, else they aren't two powers. Just one taken twice. With that said, I think it could easily be read the way y'all describe it. I'd likely never take two of the same simply because it's too damn powerful. Two Withering Waves? *shudder*. Then again, anything goes in Apoc.

Then again, anything goes in Apoc.

Players usually add a few limitiations. The present Apoc book doesn't even suggest using points in apoc, so most apoc games are houseruled to have balanced sides....