minimum movement units and bonus movement with fixed values

If my flyer with minimum movement of 20" is given movement via a game rule, ability, or stratagem, can I use it? And furthermore, can I change my facing when I do so?

For example, I have a Stratagem for my TAU that allows a unit to shoot at the start of my shooting phase and then move 6" as if it were the movement phase. If I use this on my TAU Sunshark Bomber, who has minimum move 20" AND Airborne AND supersonic, can I move the 6" without being destroyed due to the mimimum movement requirement? And can I get a pivot in there?

My gut reaction would be to say you get the movement without worrying about crashing. Seems like a strange design choice to allow a bonus to kill you... 

I’d have to parse the actual wording of the book to say anything more definitive than that.

37 minutes ago, Ish said:

My gut reaction would be to say you get the movement without worrying about crashing. Seems like a strange design choice to allow a bonus to kill you... 

I’d have to parse the actual wording of the book to say anything more definitive than that.

By your gut, would I be allowed to pivot in there too?

I am always inclined to let people do their "Can I do this?" stuff, unless I'm sure they can't.  Only thing keeping me from saying 100% yes is the "as if it were the Movement phase" part. It all depends on how one interprets that I suppose, do you take all associated movement phase rules, or only ones associated with stuff like terrain?

12 hours ago, Kelharis said:

I am always inclined to let people do their "Can I do this?" stuff, unless I'm sure they can't.  Only thing keeping me from saying 100% yes is the "as if it were the Movement phase" part. It all depends on how one interprets that I suppose, do you take all associated movement phase rules, or only ones associated with stuff like terrain?

Well, the model flies, so the terrain end of things doesn't really matter.