Looking for an endless RPG for the PS4

Having trouble finding one, but I know they exist. Looking for an RPG that has no end, just random content, no level cap, and so forth. I don't really like the creature catching focus of Siralim, but looking for a game like that. Any suggestions?

If you haven't tried it, http://www.thylacinestudios.com/siralim/

Basically, it's a stupid little RPG where you can recruit a party of 6 monsters to battle other monsters in a truly endless capacity. Graphics are really basic. Your creatures are really basic too (like Final Fantasy style turn based).

1 and 2 are for the PS4 and many other platforms. 3 is supposed to come out for console soon, and is already availible for PC. I'm told the difference between the game and it's sequels is mainly in expanding the number of creatures you can encounter.

But as a person that just wants to play the same game over and over, without hitting a level cap or reaching a point where there's nothing to collect, this game is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

With no responses, I decided to go with Siralim 2. I've got 60 hours logged in my PS4 version. Got another copy for the phone. Super cheap game. It's a good waste of time. A very relaxing game.

I think it's a tad simplistic, which is probably why it's relaxing. Doesn't use a whole lot of stratedgy. I mean, you can, there are definitely combinations to exploit, but it's not very hard and there's not a whole lot of punishment for playing poorly. No level cap and random enemies means you can just go fight weaker guys until you are a high enough level to win without trying. Tedious, at times.

Not done with it by any means. Looking forward to getting most everything and starting up on Siralim 3 (which was just released for the PS4 at the end of last month). That said, this game has no end, so that'll happen when I decide to switch. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Brick Bungalow said:

Disgaea has an end but the playtime is effectively unlimited because of the item quests. No Man's Sky is kind of a roleplaying game. Binding of Isaac keeps going. 

No Man's Sky doesn't do it for me. I find that game aggravating (in a bad way).

Haven't tried the others, I'll look into those.

Been playing Siralim 2 and 3, plus started Fallout 4 again (playing survival mode).

As an aside, Siralim 2 may be the most relaxing game I've ever played. I find myself nodding off to sleep, but in a good way, it's just that relaxing of a game to play (on the PS4). I recommend it.

3 hours ago, Brick Bungalow said:

There are a lot of rogue clones that generate endless maps. 

Not really looking for endless random maps. Endless maps could be nice, but not really the focus. I'd be fine if the game was in a small area, provided there was enough to do in that area.

Looking for something where I can just keep building up my character, and go on quests, and be challenged, but also not aggravated by it being too challenging or petty. Games that have an "end game" do not appeal, as I'm looking for something that remains enjoyable after 1000+ hours playing.

On the graphics end, I don't need good graphics, but I need them to work with game. Graphics that incur heavy loading times or graphics that make game irritating to play - things like this make it hard to play a single game endlessly.

I'm enjoying Siralim 2 in this respect. Game is more focused on having lots of characters you alternate between and managing your team, while ideally I'd rather have a single character as the focus.

Skyrim is pretty good, I've just played it way too much. Same with Fallout 4. And both of these games could use more customization options, even if it means dumbing down the graphics.

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, Brick Bungalow said:

Disgaea has an end but the playtime is effectively unlimited because of the item quests. No Man's Sky is kind of a roleplaying game. Binding of Isaac keeps going. 

Picked up Disgaea 5. Initial disappointment, but spent a lot, so I tried to enjoy it, and now I think I love it. Maybe it's because it's #5 or because it has a lot options that need to be eased into, but the game is rather slow to get started.

Thanks, Brick, great suggestion.