Cancelled Sale. Sorry about that.

Hodor

Going to the default Ebay over time.  Just ignore the thread.  Sorry for any confusion.

I'm in the process of preparing to Ebay a great deal of my Tyranid collection.  Some of it is already listed.  It has been boxed up for over a year, and I have decided to focus on well..the other three 40k armies I have.  I may push Genestealer Cult more into guard or just buy more rockgrinders/cars, but anyway...

So if I'm preparing for Ebay what am I doing here?  Basically soliciting interest in a bulk buy of the swarm component and some of the monsters I haven't listed yet.  I have probably around 90 termagants, 30 hormagaunts, 30 uh the flying gaunts...can't even remember the name now!

This isn't meant to be particularly cheap.  I am confident that everything will sell for between 50% (gaunts) to 150% (some monsters) of retail on Ebay.  But if someone wants to buy into a painted army and wants to spend somewhere between $500-$1000+ I will make a more detailed list of what I have and negotiate a custom package.  The added benefit of this is that I can tell you how the paint job was done and you can bother me about how to play it.  The highest price I would ask from any Ordo member is the 15% off GW rate... and that's only on the particularly valuable models.

The pictured Maleceptor is already on Ebay, but I had the picture handy and it shows the paint/basing scheme and quality.

I'm not really interested in small splits of just X model or X squad which is part of why I'm listing it this way before I have even done a full inventory.  

Edited by Hodor
cancelled
  • Thanks 1

Ebay i assume noone is interested in those kind of prices.  I am just offering to work out a lower priced deal on other items that arent there yet.  

The reason for no list is I dont have a full inventory.  I am not really planning to make one unless someone shows serious interest in a large purchase.  My default plan is to take 10-15 models/squads a week and just list them online over time, not do a full inventory.

My intention isnt exactly to tease but was just to save myself time and effort. 

I will leave this up another day and then just remove it.  I apologize if it sounds too careless or half baked.   I mean no disrespect but only wanted to potentially offer a discount to someone looking for a general starter army situation where they might say.  I have $500 what can we fit into that?  I like hordes or I like monsters.

The total is perhaps 10,000 points of stuff in a whole bunch of boxes mostly still taped in bubble wrap.

• Like 1

Please understand, we collectors can't begin to guess what you have, therefore we have no clue what to say to you.

How many ForgeWorld creatures do you have?

I'd suggest talking with @pretre. He helps move miniatures and I venture he can help you get top dollar for them.

Please realize w/out details it's going to be really hard to get anyone to speak up, simply out of the fact the world's your oyster and they don't know where to start or shuck which end.
(Not sure that works, but toooo bad)

• Like 1

We are available, if you’d like to avoid the work of selling them.

https://www.mindtaker.org/sell-us-your-stuff/

I would agree that you probably won’t get a lot of hits with the current post. If you’re content with the slow, time intensive and careful way though, go with that. If you’d like to relax and just let the money roll in, hit us up 😉

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pretre said:

We are available, if you’d like to avoid the work of selling them.

https://www.mindtaker.org/sell-us-your-stuff/

I would agree that you probably won’t get a lot of hits with the current post. If you’re content with the slow, time intensive and careful way though, go with that. If you’d like to relax and just let the money roll in, hit us up 😉

Yeah.  I realized (again) that despite my generally verbose nature online, it is difficult to convey nuance and intent.  Basically, I strongly prefer to just sell it slowly over the next few months with a bidding system that takes control away and just lets the market work without direct negotiation.  So why did I even post here?  The last two local purchases that happened (through Ebay) were people semi down on their luck (aren't we all these days?) and when they asked me about where to play, my heart just sank.  I did recommend OF, but I felt like a bad person to shake their hands from 6 feet away and collect maximum market value.  Because of that, I was open to some combination of helping someone out, fostering a newer player to the faction, and having a discussion about the game as a friend.  I knew from the start that I wasn't offering an "online store" experience which is why this post isn't on fb marketplace or dakka or whatever.  I understand the disconnect and the frustration that perhaps I dangled something just out of reach or was generally unclear.  I was trying to not seem patronizing or creepy while offering a discount without the desire to sell faster.  

Anyway, I'm cancelling the sale.  I left the post up with stuff crossed out so if someone who is already invested in the topic can revisit it if they want to, and to prevent too much confusion about what this thread even is/was.  I'm not going to reply anymore on thread, but I'm open to PM if someone feels strongly and needs to just be heard.

• Thanks 3