2022 Thursday Night 40k Narrative Campaign: Open discussion

Oscar and myself have been throwing around the idea of a 40k narrative campaign at ye ol' Ordo club. Hopefully starting in June...hopefully 😉

This thread is to see who would be interested, any thoughts on what kind of narrative you would like to try (Fluffy narrative, hardcore escalation, random unicorn fart rampage? etc.)

Also, there are a new batch of players that have been coming in and some who may be coming in, let us know what kind of force and points levels you are able to bring to the table. Don't worry if you're just starting, we are very flexible and 500pt skirmish games are a great way to get started

We were intentionally thinking about framing it around the the new Tempest of War card format and thinking of starting this off with a couple weeks at 500pt skirmish games and maybe building from there but this is a brainstorm and all input is welcome

Let us know what you think!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I like the idea of a Crusade and am interested in joining. Work can sometimes be hectic, and I can get called out of town quickly which are the only downsides for me participating. I'm interested in a fluffier campaign. More focus on telling good/cool stories. Maybe incorporate some type of character/unit growth to see the growth of the army overtime? Not saying it has to be roleplaying necessarily, but more background info that provides context for why the different factions are fighting each other.   

I like the idea of using the Tempest of War pack for setting up missions. I would also prefer points limit to stick a little lower, around 1500 max. It would make it easier for me to add more units as time goes on and keep up with the crusade. But I also play Custodes and Grey Knights, so that may not be as much of an issue if I can carve out some time for painting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am 100% interested in this kind of thing and am totally available whenever it's going to happen. Any kind of fluff is good fluff, but I think half the fun of it is getting into the fluff.  After all, spreadsheets the game is neat but it's so much better doodling angry men screaming at things in the margins.

Tempest of war is the random objectives right? I don't think I can go much over 1000 points, but it should be fine right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SixCoal said:

I am 100% interested in this kind of thing and am totally available whenever it's going to happen. Any kind of fluff is good fluff, but I think half the fun of it is getting into the fluff.  After all, spreadsheets the game is neat but it's so much better doodling angry men screaming at things in the margins.

Tempest of war is the random objectives right? I don't think I can go much over 1000 points, but it should be fine right?

sounds good, and I think we can totally work around keeping the points around a 1000pts per player is good.

If we go fluffy we might even do teams maybe...

Meme Creator - Funny y'all got any more of that fluff? Meme Generator at  MemeCreator.org!

• Like 2

Im thinking to keep this crusade "skirmish style" maxing out point games at 1000pts (varying each week)

What armies are you two looking at?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Mos def interested in this. Weekly or every other week is cool. Just have to have a schedule to know bc work sux. I can go 500pts upto 1k pts. Reaching to 2 k by end of summer.

12 hours ago, Zee said:

I would love to try this out, it sounds super fun. I just have 500 points for now, and probably won't be up to 1000 until later in the summer or early fall.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:06 PM, Zee said:

I would love to try this out, it sounds super fun. I just have 500 points for now, and probably won't be up to 1000 until later in the summer or early fall.

Don’t forget, ordo has a space marine army that is available for use and lives at the clubhouse! It’s a great way to try out new units and gives you the ability to build larger lists if you’re interested 🙂

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SixCoal said:

I'd like every week, but also understand that schedules tend not to be flexible.  Just let me know what day I need to clear and I can probably make it.

cool, thanks for the input. 🙂

we should have a good idea by the end of the week, Oscar & I will be there Thursday to play and plan out. see ya then

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikin said:

I think I could do either every week or every other week.  I haven't played 9th edition yet, so smaller point games would be good to get back into it.

Awesome, we have been having a good 40k crowd on Thursdays if you want to get some practice before the crusade starts. 🙂

Also, what army do you play?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 9:34 AM, Salty Monkey said:

Im thinking to keep this crusade "skirmish style" maxing out point games at 1000pts (varying each week)

What armies are you two looking at?

Deathwatch or Chaos Knights. Sorry for the late reply, work and such.

• Like 1