New Portland game store, Battlegrounds Gaming Cafe

I went to the grand opening yesterday despite the cold. The store is right where Sandy crosses the 84, on the north side. They have a little bit of everything going on. The largest inventory seems to be board games, but they had a shelf for D&D and a smattering of GW stuff. They also have Magic The Gathering, dice, and gaming supplies. Inventory is a little sparse right now, but I'm sure they will settle in for whatever the locals are into. They have a nice coffee bar with some pastries and an area to enjoy them. Through the store they have good sized gaming area. The tables I saw were mostly fold out size, and I forgot to ask if they 6x4 table areas (or close enough for GW games). They will ask for a $5 gaming fee to use the space per person I believe, but one of the employees told me that the $5 then goes towards any purchase you make (coffee or games).

The owner seemed to be very nice and this is a new endeavor for him. I can see the biggest issue for him being parking, as there just isn't much in that area. So try to carpool when possible.

https://www.battlegroundsgamingcafe.com/
3738 NE Sandy Blvd Portland OR 97232   phone 971-383-3775

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2