Culexus: answer to psychic buffs?

pretre

Depends what kind of psychic offense your facing. Last game, I brought no psykers and my opponent only brought a level 1...didn't even get powers off every turn. I've also had games where psychics were very key to victory.

Psychics seem very unreliable in this edition, which isn't a huge change. Not sure how many points the assassins are this edition, but from the stats, I'm guessing they're spendy. Would suck to buy an anti-psyker weapon only to not face psykers enough to justify it.

It's a nice trick, but you have to get him there. 12" is pretty short and he moves at the speed of normal infantry.

I don't have the dataslate, if I dump 5 SM scouts into this guy, say BP+CCW, how likely will they be to kill it? No power weapons or Vet sarge, just 15 S4 attacks at WS3....

In the last codex, this would kill him pretty reliably.

They would count as ws1 now. So hitting on 5s wounding on 4s? Toughness 4 and 4 plus inv. so mathhammer says 1.25 wounds.

Even as non-psykers, huh? Still, not bad for 55pts of models. How many wounds is this sucker? Eternal Warrior? And how many points over the value of these scouts (3x the value? More?)?

140 points, I7, 4 attacks, 3 wounds, melee attacks ignore armor and, on a 6 to-wound, cause instant death. His melee attacks automatically gain the instant death rule against psykers. He also causes fear, your weapon skill and ballistic skill are both reduced to 1 when attacking him from Ethereum special rule, and psykers don't get bonuses to charging him unless he has gone to ground or was locked in combat the previous turn. On average, he'll kill 1-2 scouts a turn (no save) and the scouts (depending on how many died) may or may not inflict a wound in return.

• Like 1

140 points, I7, 4 attacks, 3 wounds, melee attacks ignore armor and, on a 6 to-wound, cause instant death. His melee attacks automatically gain the instant death rule against psykers. He also causes fear, your weapon skill and ballistic skill are both reduced to 1 when attacking him from Ethereum special rule, and psykers don't get bonuses to charging him unless he has gone to ground or was locked in combat the previous turn. On average, he'll kill 1-2 scouts a turn (no save) and the scouts (depending on how many died) may or may not inflict a wound in return.

Not eternal warrior FWIW.  

Thanks (to both Fluger and Taikishi).

He's an interesting one, for sure. Does he have precision strikes? Or rather, some ability to specifically direct melee attacks at a certain model?

Also, is there any range limit on that Ethereum? Or is it flat out anything and everything shooting him is bs 1? It is BS1, not snap shots, right? I can still target him with blast and template weapons, right?

http://ftgtgaming.blogspot.ca/2014/08/officio-assassinorum-dataslate-first.html

Culexus shuts down buffs and de buffs within 12". Ouch.

Too many questions, had to download a copy of this thing. Entire assassin rules are very questionable in terms of balance, very similar to the escalation supplement when it first came out. Beyond that, rules look fun.

So changes not mentioned in the above link or otherwise:

-Assassins are no longer Unique/special characters. Multiple detachments of the same assassin appear to be legal.

-These assassins could be the warlord for an army.

Culexus specifically:

-Instant death doesn't specifically allow wounding models that the culexus cannot already wound, it just adds the ID ability to the existing attack. This means that the culexus cannot harm T8 in the assault phase.

-Etherium does drop BS and WS to 1, but doesn't force snap shooting. This means that template weapons are unaffected by the culexus' etherium. This also means that other weapons that do not roll to hit, are not impaired by the Etherium.

-The Culexus has no special ability to deny invulnerable or cover saves beyond causing perils of the warp.