Wraithguard/blade box

I don't intend to magnetize these, got a box, might get more, but I'm having trouble with assembly due to most of their versions being awesome. I've decided against the axe-shield route, as if I just need a 4++ unit, my warlock council is about the same cost. The sword unit could be viable if combined with a banshee mask IC, as they'd swing before most opponents, especially if IC attached has AT/ap2 weapon options. Those D-Flamers look nice, but I'm hesitant to pay 42pts per model on a unit that lacks invulnerable saves - they otherwise look amazing on paper. Then the traditional wraith cannon ones do look pretty awesome, but I am a bit worried that their's being the oldest version means they are obsolete, as is often the case with GW, in particular, they can't deny cover and lack the range/volume to realistically take down flyers, plus they are very likely to get stuck in assault. 

Suggestions?

I faced the D-flamers in a wave serpent.  They just fly up to you, get out, and roast everything! You are so worried about the 5 flamers that wound / kill everything you don't even notice the wave serpent that just dropped them off. At T6 and 3+ save they stick around long enough to allow the rest of the army to do what it needs to do.

• Like 2

Not sure what I'm doing exactly. At present, I'm thinking a wraith themed army, probably with unbound rules. Not just wraiths, but they'd be key to the theme. I should be getting a FW warpblade in the future, which will be a "counts as" night spinner for those too intolerant to use FW rules. If I go unbound, not sure there's a point to the spirit seer, but I do want to include warlocks.