Shopping Excursion

Went down to the LGS to pick up some Sternguard and Death Company, but got side tracked and ended up leaving with https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/warhammer-40000-conquest/  http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/ 

as well as my fill in Assassin in 40k games

preview_Web_Deadpool.jpg

I also played Fluxx.  That was hella fun.  I'm going to have to pick that up next time.  The game is really simple, the rules are 3 cards in hand at start of game, Draw 1 card and Play 1 Card.  There are cards that modify the rules, such as drawing more, playing more, hand limits, etc. There are also cards that modify the victory conditions, as the game doesn't start with any.  I played the Sci-fi version, although there are numerous varieties. 

• Like 1

Great suggestion.  We played Star, and I can see how easy some of those two cards get.  Things also went really well for me, and I feel like I may not have done things appropriately.  It seems like things can get really cut throat if you want to play rough.  

Had great success with Munchkin tonight.  Took it over to my brothers for Games 'N Brunch.  They had never played it before.  He and I started a 2 player game to walk through it all while she was cooking so they could get familiar.  During the second turn, a friend showed up with his girlfriend.  She sees the cards and turns to her boyfriend and says "Oh my god, babe, this is that game I was telling you about!  I can't believe I'm seeing it a second time in two weeks!  We've got to play!"  She looks like Selma Hayek.  Everyone was sold on the game at that point.   

Then, maybe four hours later, a friend calls and says she is in town.  She shows up and was talking about Settlers of Catan.  I'm thinking that's the next game purchase.  Or another Munchkin Core Set to add some more diversity.  I'm not sure.  

Munchkin is alot of fun, but eventually the end game is almost always the same. The first person who tries to win gets smacked to hades... and then the 2nd or 3rd player (depending on how many other players had to play cards) wins cause everybody is depleted.

I wouldn't suggest mixing sets, its fun but ultimately unwieldy and your just better off playing one version at a time. Obviously the base game has the most expansions and if you get many you will need to filter some of the repeat cards. most all other sets have at least 1 expansion if not 2. 

Catan is always a win. There' are many Catan pro's that can give you the low down on what to buy. In our group here we've got several ppl who have Catan and related expansions. So I bought the Start Trek version. Which is fun though missing 5-6 player expansion (if it doesn't come out soon, I'm buying another core and parting out the extra's to cover costs)

You might also want to check out San Juan, Its like Race for the Galaxy, but without the symbology to remember/learn. Easy to learn but alot of depth for mature players.

And another fun one is Village its a worker placement game so medium size.

Great suggestion.  We played Star, and I can see how easy some of those two cards get.  Things also went really well for me, and I feel like I may not have done things appropriately.  It seems like things can get really cut throat if you want to play rough.  

Had great success with Munchkin tonight.  Took it over to my brothers for Games 'N Brunch.  They had never played it before.  He and I started a 2 player game to walk through it all while she was cooking so they could get familiar.  During the second turn, a friend showed up with his girlfriend.  She sees the cards and turns to her boyfriend and says "Oh my god, babe, this is that game I was telling you about!  I can't believe I'm seeing it a second time in two weeks!  We've got to play!"  She looks like Selma Hayek.  Everyone was sold on the game at that point.   

Then, maybe four hours later, a friend calls and says she is in town.  She shows up and was talking about Settlers of Catan.  I'm thinking that's the next game purchase.  Or another Munchkin Core Set to add some more diversity.  I'm not sure.  

I dont think I can believe any of this story.... theres FAR too many females in it to be believable!

• Like 2