Bizarre conversions on acquired models...

Got an OOP Sentinel from ebay today. They had converted it to have a closed top and windshield. Putty and clear plastic on a metal model.  Looked easy enough to remove, so I ordered it with the intention of restoration. Even got a small discount.

Have the model in hand now, windshield isn't plastic. They used an actual piece of broken glass for the windshield. Never seen glass, broken or otherwise, in models. Aside from the odd shape, the glass portion doesn't look too bad. Putty job was horrible, so it has be removed anyway. Still, an interesting idea.

[EDIT:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/371195525483

Cell photos of item. First one is difficult to see the glass and looks more like the ebay photos did, but second one is very clearly reflecting light and you can see the jagged shape.

post-1222-0-35595600-1430344174_thumb.jpg

post-1222-0-16836900-1430344175_thumb.jpg]

Anyone else find unusual conversion "ideas" on acquired models?

I'd love to hear about them.

Little update. Both conversions popped off with minor prying (windshield top and has a metal starcannon bottom). I don't think he glued them on, just and putty and paint. If you can't see it in the photos, he's got finger prints in the putty.

Side note, if anyone needs a metal starcannon, I've got an extra now.