Vindicare Hellfire Shot vs Gargantuan Creatures?

What is the strength of the weapon?

Brb page states poison is on a 6, unless the weapon strength is higher enough to lower it page 71. I believe in this case, the BRB overrules the codex 2+ because this special rule is one that the gmc get.

But I could be wrong, it is how I have played it.

It talks about sniper and poisoned both needing 6s instead.  

That's the BRB to be sure. The question is, does the BRB regarding sniper weapons override the "Exitus ammo: Hellfire" special rule?

On a side note, the wording of both the gargantuan creature and the hellfire shot use the term "always wound on".

• 1 month later...

Don't recall ever getting a clear answer to this thread and it might actually come up in the Annihilation event. I know that sniper weapons require 6s to wound a GC. Does the Hellfire ammo special rule override the 6s requirement for wounding GCs with the hellfire rounds?

I can see it both ways:

It is certainly a more specific rule in a codex overriding the rule in the BRB, plus it's a 150pt model doing only a single wound that doesn't deny FNP or invulnerable saves so it really isn't doing anything unreasonable for it's point cost.

On the other hand, it is still a sniper weapon and it doesn't directly say that it can wound GCs on a 2+ (it just says it wounds on 2+).

Ideally, getting a ruling from Agent P would be great, but a clear Ordo consensus would work too.

EDIT: In this case, the hellfire round is not listed as poisoned, so I'm not asking or debating that aspect. This is one of those ask online so you don't generate arguments in-game questions.

The GC rule overrides the normal Sniper/Poison rules for how to wound because it is more specific.

The Hellfire rule (Vindicare only) overrides the GC rule for wounding with Sniper weapons because it is more specific.

A Vindicare wounds on 2s against a GC unless your TO decides to rule otherwise.

• Like 2

The GC rule overrides the normal Sniper/Poison rules for how to wound because it is more specific.

The Hellfire rule (Vindicare only) overrides the GC rule for wounding with Sniper weapons because it is more specific.

A Vindicare wounds on 2s against a GC unless your TO decides to rule otherwise.

Thank you very much.