Does the ironstone give vehicles IWND?

Xavier319

Since black library stated that all space marine supplamental codexes (such as Clan Raukaan and Sentinels of Terra) are still legal with the 2015 SM codex, i have a question about the ironstone.  It states...

"All iron hands vehicles and dreadnaughts pass their it will not die rolls on a 4+, and repair weapon destroyed and immobilized results on a 6+"

Since the iron hands chapter tactic (regardless of whether you agree if this is RAI or not) states RAW that ONLY dreadnaughts get IWND, does this item give the rest of their vehicles IWND within the 12" raidus? It SEEMS to, but I wanted to double check. I'll reserve my own opinion until I hear a few of yours, I want to hear your thoughts without my reasoning polluting the pool, so to speak.

Thanks!

If you're reading a strict RAW version (under which they wouldn't otherwise have IWND), then no, it does not. Just because a model passes a particular roll on a 4+ does not automatically grant them the ability to make that roll if they otherwise couldn't- imagine, for example, a Rhino in combat with a unit that is Invisible; due to the Invisibility the Rhino will hit on 6s against its foe, but lacking the ability to make any attacks (i.e. make the appropriate roll to do so) this is meaningless. The Ironstone is a similar case.

that is what I thought. If the wording was "Grants them It will not die on a 4+", they WOULD get it. But because it says "make THEIR it will not die" and they dont already have it, they get nothing. but if they HAVE IWND, they get it on a 4+ (such as dreadnaughts or a vehicle with that forge world IWND upgrade). Check.

Since black library stated that all space marine supplamental codexes (such as Clan Raukaan and Sentinels of Terra) are still legal with the 2015 SM codex, i have a question about the ironstone.  It states...

"All iron hands vehicles and dreadnaughts pass their it will not die rolls on a 4+, and repair weapon destroyed and immobilized results on a 6+"

Since the iron hands chapter tactic (regardless of whether you agree if this is RAI or not) states RAW that ONLY dreadnaughts get IWND, does this item give the rest of their vehicles IWND within the 12" raidus? It SEEMS to, but I wanted to double check. I'll reserve my own opinion until I hear a few of yours, I want to hear your thoughts without my reasoning polluting the pool, so to speak.

Thanks!

Make sure you have the current version. Says on the BL page that it was updated in 2014. As most players seem to be torrenting their black library purchases, it could very well be that you're version is older than the current version.

I've been looking into codex: Inquisition only to learn that the torrented one I have is outdated. I broke down and got the black library's current Codex: Inquisition, which is different from the "free" one on the internet. Minor changes, but it is a different version.

hey pax, buy the new clan raukaan one for your own... 'research'... and let me know if the wording changed, okay?

I kid. No money right now sadly.

You're fine. Was just thinking there is a slim possiblity that GW already fix/clarified the issues with the codex you are debating.

Very likely, they didn't fix it, but it is true that although the site says it's legal for 7th ed, it also says that it was updated in 2014, so if you lack the updated version, then it really isn't legal in 7th ed as you lack the current edition. I doubt most opponents would even notice, mind you.