The future of US Masters

Future of US Masters  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If playing at/qualifying for Masters, which system would you prefer?

• Age of Sigmar
    • Kings of War
    • Ninth Age
    • Other
  2. 2. Which metro areas in the PNW do you travel to for gaming?

• Seattle
    • Portland
    • Vancouver BC
    • Boise
    • Spokane
    • Salem
    • Victoria/Nanaimo
    • Bellingham
    • Other

@dont panic:

After the last Masters, the format of the Paragon award changed to be (iirc) 50% Battle, 30% Paint, 20% sports. With giving out two equal awards, one to best general and one to best overall hobbyist, I would think that in our region we'd want to make sure that both were well represented. However, if we switch to KoW, I don't know how that will affect things. We don't have established patterns for tournament scoring in that game.

As a TO, I want to promote beautiful armies at my events, and the way to do that is to reward people for having spent the hobby time on their minis. Ricky's Sparkle Party paint score sheet is probably the best I've ever seen, because it rewards effort, not results. So even if your two-brush blend looks like a pile of mud mixed with vomit, you'll get the points for having blending on your models.

Ultimately, we could track everyone's generalship and hobbyist scores independently, and then invite our 4 best generals and 4 best paragons as the top 8. That's really up to Matt to decide because he's the regional chair next year.

• Like 1

thanks for the info aidan!  didnt know they changed the paragon, if thats the case then i change my stance and think PNW is definitely doing it right for masters cause i didnt know that.  and i loved ricky's way of being checkmarks for painting(and basically every other way ricky runs tournaments).  also i agree with nathan here in that you really do a good job of diplomacy, matt, and in depth thinking.  something you said in your last remark is what i was alluding to but i think i was being a little too coy as to not offend anyone which is what i was worried about with getting reamed for being a 'power gamer feeder' lol. god if anyone's played me im not a power gamer(ive never ran a net list)... i like playing both strong and silly lists equally and list building/making things work is one of my biggest stimulations from the game. i actually have just as much fun running my comp 19 dwarfs as i do with my dirty dwarfs :) and its why ill never play WM/H(although i like their models, its other reasons are what put me off). so im sorry for derailing this... i should have just sent a PM!  good luck at masters guys and i hope the community can rally back together after this AoS ordeal and pick a game platform   :happy:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...