No deck...all cards in hand

Derk came pretty close in first ed with a somer crew, but I think it was just a little over half his deck.

I fear that you misunderstood the question.

Pax is talking about holding 54 cards in your hand... not burning your deck in a turn... and with Gremlins I often burn the deck, but then you just reshuffle.

In 1st edition Gremlins started short a card and has no way to gain any beyond a gremlin dying and you run out of gremlins before cards by a long shot.

I don't think it would be at all possible within the confines of the published rules. There are not a lot of draw abilities in the game and I think you'd you have a hard time stuffing enough into a single crew to get anywhere near all your cards.

Not sure, there are quite a few, especially if the goal is just to attempt this, not to win against your opponent.

Off hand:

Arcanists

Kaeris (draw 3 cards per turn)

3x Imbued Energies (draw 4 cards when killed or sacrificed)

Arcane Reservoir (+1 hand size)

Hannah (+1 hand Size)

Philopher's Stone (discard to draw 2 cards)

Ronin (sacrifice to draw 2 cards)

Without an opponent, that was the best I could think up. It's 22ss of 50ss. Those Imbued Energies need to be put on enforcers/henchmen not listed. On a single turn, the above would start with 8 cards in hand, and could draw 19 more cards. That's 27 cards in hand. Not sure if I can, but if I can reactivate Kaeris, I could bump it to 30 cards.

Well the Stone there you say discards to draw, so you are actually loosing cards as you gain cards. Those cards end up in the discard and get reshuffled when you run out.

Also, if Kaeris can "draw three cards per turn" as you say (I do not have the rules handy to check it) that is "Per turn" not "per activation" so she could not do it again with reactivate.

So with your scenario there it is 25, a long ways from 54. You could take a second Ronin to sacrifice to get back up to 27. But that is your max mercs.

Well the Stone there you say discards to draw, so you are actually loosing cards as you gain cards. Those cards end up in the discard and get reshuffled when you run out.

Also, if Kaeris can "draw three cards per turn" as you say (I do not have the rules handy to check it) that is "Per turn" not "per activation" so she could not do it again with reactivate.

So with your scenario there it is 25, a long ways from 54. You could take a second Ronin to sacrifice to get back up to 27. But that is your max mercs.

Kaeris is just draw 1 card per model with burning removed via truth in flame, with a specified maximum of 3 cards. It's a 0 ap action, but has no per turn/activation limits written beyond that.

As for philisopher's stone, you discard the upgrade, not cards from your hand. So it only works once, but for the sake of this, only working once is all that matters.

I can't take a second Ronin as Hannah is my other Merc, so I'm at the limit.

Anyway, I don't have all the rules for everything, so I'm not sure this is the best route, it was just the one I thought of off hand while reading my Arcanist, ten thunders and Outcast decks, as I was working on a Leveticus Crew.

And the main point isn't IF it can be done, but what happens WHEN it is done(?). Besides, it's not just my Leader and 50ss - my opponent would have to either contribute, or allow it to pass, for me to realistically draw this many cards in-game on a single turn. So really, looking for 2x 50ss lists that can work together-ish to allow one of the players to draw all 54 cards into their hand.

Ahh! Arcanist rules are not my strong suit!

In that case with the Ronin vs Hannah, Hannah gives you 1 card, the Ronin gives you two... so a second ronin would be a better choice for your goal.

And to be fair, there is no point in knowing what happens if it is not possible to do it in the confines of the game. I do not think you can, so there is no point in having a rule for it. Sure you could do it maybe in an extra huge game, or with some house rules in a scenario, but then you just have to house rule any odd situations you create when altering the game.