Lost Girl....

Been watching this show since the beginning. Season 5 started running part 2 recent-ish ago (in case you missed that there are new episodes on now).

Anyway, like the last season, it has me wondering what the writers are thinking. I mean, seems like a show without clear direction. I understand the irony that the title is lost and the show is lost, but they had a good thing going. I loved the first 2-3 seasons, but then they started a non-gradual switch from a buffy-like show to something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

The genre has mostly changed from a sexualized-action-drama to something more akin to a romantic-adventure-drama. Yeah, I'm making these terms up. Still, if you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about, even if my terms aren't mainstream.

Has the target audience just changed?

I think the current episodes are decent and I'm invested enough to want to see what happens next, but I don't think I would have watched any of this had the show started the way the last two seasons have been running. I'm not in the target audience of the current incarnation of the show.

Anyone else having similar experiences with Lost Girl?