1500 Pts Tau Hunter Contingent

IW Raptors

I'm going to try out the new formation soon. Using it as an opportunity to whip out a few modals I seldomly use much these days (Fire Warriors & Hammerheads). My group is running the combined fire rule as following for now:

Combined Firepower units are treated as one big unit when shooting at the one nominated target and get +1BS, use of markerlights and any buffs shooting at the primary target and and Target Lock units shoot normally as per their individual unit (i.e. not big Combined Firepower unit) if shooting at another target. However as Gargantuan Creatures shot one weapon at the primary target, as individual models, they retain all the buffs and bonuses from the big Combined Firepower unit for anything else they shoot at subsequently in that phase.

So them's the rules i'll be playing by until/if something changes. 

Buffmander joins the 3 man FE crisis team to dish them some buffs and help out the Hammerheads using the Co-ordinated firepower rules. Fireblade & Pathfinders Co-ordinated firepower with the strike teams.Unless i'm mistaken, the Fireblade Volley Fire rule should confer to everyone. Only took the pathfinders as a tax really, don't expect them to live, but if they do, they confer an extra 6 inches range to the strike teams via the Co-ordinated firepower rule & Pulse Accelerator Drone  (unless i'm wrong on that one). 

FE commander joins the marker drones and the rest is fairly self explanatory. 

Not like my usual Tau list at all, which looks to minimize soft targets, but as I said, it's not built to be hyper competitive, I want to try out some units and see how they fare in it. 

Tau Empire Hunter Cadre

Commander W/ Command & Control Node, Multi Spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Crisis Iridium Battlesuit, Stimulant Injector =170pts

Cadre Fireblade =60pts

1 Crisis Suit W/2x Fusion Blasters =52pts

5 Fire Warriors Strikers =45pts

4 Pathfinders W/1 Pulse Accelerator Drone =59pts

Hammerhead Gunship W/Ion Cannon & TL Smart Missile System =125pts

Drone Network (Auxiliary)

4 Marker Drones =56pts

Farsight Enclaves CAD

HQ's:

Commander W/2x Missile Pods, Target Lock & Drone Controller =128pts

Ethereal =50pts

Troops:

3 Crisis Suits W/6x Missile Pods, 3x Target Locks Drones & 3x Bonding Knifes =174pts

1 Crisis Suit W/2x Fusion Blasters & 1x Bonding Knife = 53pts

1 Crisis Suit W/2x Fusion Blasters & 1x Bonding Knife = 53pts