Any reason Obey->Fail Terror doesn't work?

McNathanson

I was thinking about ways to utilize the Obey boost Perdita gets from her Emissary, and I was thinking: is there any reason I can't obey an enemy model who hasn't activated yet to cause it to attack my terrifying model (e.g. Peacekeeper) and then flip or cheat to fail the Terror test, causing it to be paralyzed for its activation?  Not sure why this wouldn't work, seems like it would, but it's also super powerful so I'm making sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks,
NtK

Nasty... with the Emissary nearby (Aura(8) I think) Perdita is getting to Obey with built in suit on a Ca7.  

So now the question becomes: what are some good models she can hire with Terrifying?  Her own models (Executioner, Peacekeeper vs. Living; Lone Marshall vs. Undead) are okay, but I'd have to guess whether my opponent is playing mostly Living or Undead models.  Versus some factions that'd be okay.  A few merc models come to mind such as Killjoy (so expensive!), Ama No Zako (only Terrifying(Living)), Wrath from Shifting Loyalties (haven't looked at him much but maybe?)... nothing really jumps right out as a great option outside of Peacekeeper vs. Living crews and Lone Marshall vs. Ressers.

Oh and a side note: do I correctly remember reading somewhere that the obeyed model is considered friendly to the obey-source model?  I know the obeyed model is still friendly to its own crew, and enemy to the enemy crew, but I thought somehow that the particular obey-source model was considered friendly for that Obey action. Or is that only on abilities where it's specifically printed (e.g. Ama No Zako's Promising Whisper)?  If Perdita herself is considered an enemy model still, it allows me to do my Df trigger Quick Draw, to deal damage without the enemy getting to use a Df trigger itself :)

Word!

I was thinking about ways to utilize the Obey boost Perdita gets from her Emissary, and I was thinking: is there any reason I can't obey an enemy model who hasn't activated yet to cause it to attack my terrifying model (e.g. Peacekeeper) and then flip or cheat to fail the Terror test, causing it to be paralyzed for its activation?  Not sure why this wouldn't work, seems like it would, but it's also super powerful so I'm making sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks,

NtK

Little unclear. Using obey to perform an attack action, which triggers a horror duel, which you cheat even though it isn't your model?

Doesn't the opponent perform the horror duel for this bit?

The action and any resulting duels/effects are controlled by the model taking the obey action.

Thanks. It's an interesting concept. Game is often counter intuitive, which has me second guessing things like that a lot.

Suppose I'd just need to focus on succeeding in that Wp duel against obey. Or immunity to it or horror duels...

Pax just FYI this isn't unique to Perdita and in fact can be done more directly with other masters.  For example, Zoraida has her Obey suit built in on a Ca7, and a very good Terrifying model in Juju.  Or heck, Pandora can trigger Paralyze on her attack with just a Crow (using a SS or cheating one in), and she can target your master with it (unlike Obey which cannot).

So it doesn't change a whole lot regarding the threat landscape, it's just a tool in Perdita's box that I hadn't really realized before (and in the right situation is very powerful).

Pax just FYI this isn't unique to Perdita and in fact can be done more directly with other masters.  For example, Zoraida has her Obey suit built in on a Ca7, and a very good Terrifying model in Juju.  Or heck, Pandora can trigger Paralyze on her attack with just a Crow (using a SS or cheating one in), and she can target your master with it (unlike Obey which cannot).

Oh, I know. I was looking at Hamelin's upgrade card to read up on Obey...

More so, I just find that this game allows much that would be OP and generate long debate threads on the 40k forums, but since it isn't 40k, seems to be rather clear cut in application. Its a fail safe that I have for reading 40k rules that doesn't seem to be needed here. :D