Summoning House ruling?

Threejacks

That one is beyond me lol but give that ability to a Slann. 3 unbinding attempts

Ah, here's one I've been wondering. Okay, Luminark of Hysh gives +1 unbinding to ORDER WIZARDS (10" radius). Peasant Bowmen are not WIZARDS, but they are ORDER models which allowed to attempt to unbind spells as if they were WIZARDS. Can they gain the +1 to unbinding from the luminark?

If allowed, this one works really well with those peasant Bowment, as it also has an "aura of protection" which allows you to ignore wounds for FREE PEOPLE within a certain distance.

As the chaos player, I don't see any issues if it applies to the peasant bowmen's dispel attempts.

Came across this discussion over at Dakka from a few months ago and wanted to bring it up here to see what you all think.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/662941.page

Kriswall makes some good points with his interpretation and I think we may want to be testing this out for the simple wound comp.

This discussion started before many new abilities with warscrolls,scenarios and battalions that have to do with bringing models into play were widely known.

Summoning as a whole has been universally taken to mean that players could recycle dead models,models that have been "Removed from play".However take abilities like the "Summon reinforcement" one from the Stormcast Wardens of the Realmgate battalion formation that specifies "These models can come from ones already slain or a new ones from your collection".Why do they need to specify it here if the original intention of the rules was to allow anything brought into the game to come from dead or slain models as well as anything off your shelf.?

Also there is the Icon bearer`s in the Tomb King army that specifies that dead models can be returned to play.Why do they need to specify dead or slain models?..why not just read "Add d6 models to the unit,not to exceed its starting model count"?

There is also a few scenario special rules that specify "Dead or slain" models can be returned to play.

Im starting to think that the only place summoned models can come from is those that started the game in reserve.Playing this way with any sort of wound comp would mean that we need to start adding in sideboards for summoning or altering starting model choices,remembering that the intent of the RAW states that "In order to play,you must first muster your army from the miniatures in your collection"(The first instructive sentence in the rules)

Or just keep it the way it is and summoning players can summon as many models as they bring to the game( or are allowed to through warscroll presence)The main point being that they cant summon models that have been removed from play or slain.

Another branch of this "Removed from play" rule can affect summoning through the presence of warscrolls/units on the table.Ive seen it said that if a players last warscroll of skeletons was removed from play then they no longer have access to the summoning spell..this has merit too,as basically if they are allowed to then whats to stop them from summoning everything in their collection even if the army list didn't include the warscroll from the start of the game?

The issues with summoning in this game is what pushes me toward a more strict comp systems like SDK or Azyr..though I still prefer battleplans over the tournament scenarios:)

Though this that I added probably doesn't have much to do with my topic in the way of adding a house rule..it does add to the interpretation of summoning itself.

Its not really a criticism of summoning either,more an interpretation of were summoned models come from...really my question here is,were do you think summoned models come from...in game terms...?

I guess I should have put this in a new thread,heh

To me dead or slain is just that. The wood elves spellweaver can bring slain guys back to life from units. That's completely different then summoning.

If you have 10 in a unit, 5 die, the unit of 5 keeps going. You return the 5 that died back to the unit and boom, back to 10 in the same unit.

That's completely different then one unit of 10 over here then my slann summons a different full unit of 10 12"away.

And since our version of companies doesn't have a summoning pool restriction it would be from our collection

At least that's how I read it

Though this that I added probably doesn't have much to do with my topic in the way of adding a house rule..it does add to the interpretation of summoning itself.

Its not really a criticism of summoning either,more an interpretation of were summoned models come from...really my question here is,were do you think summoned models come from...in game terms...?

I guess I should have put this in a new thread,heh

Nah, the topic is fine and this is a good spot for it.

I'm just thinking you may be jumping the gun regarding summoning, as it seemed like our last game was more an issue of you allowing unopposed spell casting which certainly made the summoning seem overpowered. It might still be overpowered, I'm not sure. I agree that there is a lot of buzz online about summoning.

I also think that mission was bent in our favor.

I do think that if I made a melee-only army that was slow, you bringing a ranged army would appear overpowered as my slow models would unlikely reach yours. I think the magic is similar, and until my opponents bring adequate anti-spell options, magic is going to be overpowered. Now, is this the fault of magic being inherently overpowered, I'm really not sure. I need more games.