Raptor's 3rd Company

Xavier319

Alright, so I have a bunch of marines sitting around that aren't Iron hands. This is an issue. They're getting used, and I've always loved the Raptors. Alright, so this is a split 1850/2000 point list. I'm looking for something competitive that gives me strategic options, and deployment shenanigans. Fluff is that they are an extended infiltration team that doesn't have heavy equipment at their disposal, or anything that can't move quickly (The Cents are lashed to the tops of the rhinos after the pilots get out if they need to move cross country quickly, one per rhino). So let me know what you think of the list, please. Both fluff and it's ability to compete at both a casual and tournament level. The 2k version adds in 10 more skyhammer assault marines, for twice the first (or second) turn assaulty goodness, and the melta bombs on the scout sergeants.

Tactics are as follows... Issodon can pick three units and himself to give infiltrate to. Generally it'll be whatever suits me best. Tac squads, the Grav cents, assaulties, whatever. Flexibility. The captain goes with the demi-company assault squatd I can do nearly null deployment. outflank, deep strike turn one or turn two. I have alpha strike, and I can play to the objectives. The only thing I really lack is flier defense, and I figure I can use divination and the tactical doctrine with my grav cannons and rending boltguns to take down fliers pretty well. Or just ignore them and score maelstrom points.

I was inspired by Jer's Raven Guard list using the talon strike force, and this is my own take, hopefully he'll chime in.

Raptors 3rd Company – 1850 +150

Battle Demi-Company –940

Captain – 155

Power Fist, Auspex, Jump Pack, Artificer Armor

Tactical Squad (5) – 105 x3

Grav Cannon & Grav-Amp

Rhino – 40 x3

Dozerblade

Assault Squad (5) – 100

Jump Packs, Flamer (2), Melta Bombs

Centurion Devestators (3) – 250

Grav Cannons & Grav-Amp (3), Omniscope