Army Troubles

Norrad

With the new year approaching I'm having trouble deciding where to invest hobby time. Now this is nothing new for me as I tend to get distracted by the new shiny bauble! So I'm asking for help in deciding what to work on. I can't go off of what I'm most interested in or what looks cool, etc because it all interests me or looks good!

Last year saw me work diligently on Duardin (Dwarves),Exiles (Dark Elves), Orgors (Ogers), Warriors of Chaos and Khorne Daemons. I managed to get little bits and pieces either assembled or painted for that lot! Not bad for me considering I was deployed overseas for 4 months out of the year.

For this next year I'm thinking about working on Duardin, Skaven Pestilens, Warriors of Chaos & Daemons (Khorne and Nurgle), Everchosen, Aelfs, or Seraphon. The rest of the races are low on my interest scale and it would be difficult for me to get into them. I guess if I had to prioritize things it could go like this in order of interest: Skaven Pestilens, Everchosen, Warriors & Daemons, Seraphon, Duardin, Aelfs, and so on...

I guess my interest in this post is what do people think? Some armies are more common than others and are seen more often. What would you like to see on the tables in PDX area? Any army is possible so if you have another idea let me know. Thanks for the help and ideas.

I'm trying to build up Seraphon but that's a slow process lol

GG had a good number of Lizardmen in their bits bin.

With the new year approaching I'm having trouble deciding where to invest hobby time. Now this is nothing new for me as I tend to get distracted by the new shiny bauble! So I'm asking for help in deciding what to work on. I can't go off of what I'm most interested in or what looks cool, etc because it all interests me or looks good!

Last year saw me work diligently on Duardin (Dwarves),Exiles (Dark Elves), Orgors (Ogers), Warriors of Chaos and Khorne Daemons. I managed to get little bits and pieces either assembled or painted for that lot! Not bad for me considering I was deployed overseas for 4 months out of the year.

For this next year I'm thinking about working on Duardin, Skaven Pestilens, Warriors of Chaos & Daemons (Khorne and Nurgle), Everchosen, Aelfs, or Seraphon. The rest of the races are low on my interest scale and it would be difficult for me to get into them. I guess if I had to prioritize things it could go like this in order of interest: Skaven Pestilens, Everchosen, Warriors & Daemons, Seraphon, Duardin, Aelfs, and so on...

I guess my interest in this post is what do people think? Some armies are more common than others and are seen more often. What would you like to see on the tables in PDX area? Any army is possible so if you have another idea let me know. Thanks for the help and ideas.

Okay, always your own choice. I plan to be building up a Tzeentch Daemons + Chaos Dwarves army and one Helfort set, over the next year. Yeah, those KoW dwarves called to me at the GG sale. So I'll be doing Chaos Dwarves. Might include a few beastment, but no Skaven or WoC for the near future.

As for army suggestions, on paper, the Nurgle + Pestilens army looks incredibly strong. One of the better synergies I've seen.

• 1 month later...

OK so I believe that I have a plan...

I'm going to work on two factions.  One being Order and the other being Chaos.  So for Order the army will be a Fyre Slayer force with Stormcast Allies.  I'm loving the new Duardin but I don't have a ton of them so I will add in my Daemon slaying force of Stormcast.  Still unsure on how I'm going to paint the Stormcast.  Either Steel colored armor with bronze/gold trim or bone colored armor with blood red?  The Chaos will be a Skaven Pestilence force along with some Nurgle allies.  I will also add in some Khorne Blood bound, and of course Archaon and his Ever Chosen. That's the plan...

• Like 1