Pestilen Clawpack Battalion question.

Skaven Battalion.

One of the abilities:

Filth-sodden Pack-nest: After you have set up your force, pick a terrain feature
within 13" of at least two units from the Pestilent Clawpack. That terrain feature is
befouled. Units from this battalion automatically pass battleshock tests if they are
in or on any such terrain. Roll a dice for all other units that start the hero phase in
or on befouled terrain; on a 1, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds (NURGLE units
never suffer mortal wounds as the result of this ability).

Can I pick a scenery piece like a Skull Keep or Malefic Gate?

Or rather, is a scenery piece different from a terrain feature in rules?

Scenery and terrain feature are one and the same. It would appear that they tend to use terrain feature in the rules when the scenery consists of multiple pieces of terrain such as Sylvaneth Wildwood or Walls and Fences. I would say that you could befoul a section of the Dreadhold wall or a tower, etc. Although you might not get any benefit from fouled terrain if you chose a piece of impassible terrain like rock or pillar since you need to be in or on to benefit from it.

The castle is made of several terrain features/pieces,even the walls are small sections.But choosing the gate.Skull keep or even bastion should be fine:)

That's what I'm thinking too.

Main bit is that it makes them immune to battleshock, which for the skaven, is a big deal. The damaging effect is neat, but very minor, by comparison.