Genestealer Cult

AgentP

Sure but this needs no FAQ.  It's in the rulebook!  Lol.  So using it as an "example" makes no sense.

If you want examples, this one isn't it.

And yet it does need a FAQ, because it isn't clear. Heck, your opponent is living proof of that since it was his army and HE didn't understand it.

There's literally dozens of threads on this topic (ICs and Formation/Unit bonuses) on just the forums I frequent. If it was clear, there wouldn't be a discussion.

And yet it does need a FAQ, because it isn't clear. Heck, your opponent is living proof of that since it was his army and HE didn't understand it.

There's literally dozens of threads on this topic (ICs and Formation/Unit bonuses) on just the forums I frequent. If it was clear, there wouldn't be a discussion.

If it was clear, no cheesemonger would bring it up?  That's your opinion?  i disagree.

Sorry but it's not unclear and those threads are started by guys like my opponent who had a momentary memory lapse or something (or God forbid, they are gaming things).  I in my heart of hearts do not beleive for one second he was trying to play it incorrectly.  i think it simply didn't occur to him.  it's not more complicated nor nefarious than that. We all make a mistake.  It happens.  

So this was a simple matter of me not knowing THAT models rules (thus not catching the error) and him not thinking about it until it was too late.  Nuff said.  it isn't about the legitimacy to your claim that this is in some manner cloudy.  it's not.  I don't mind you saying that you find it cloudy.  Just as long as we can agree there will be a roll off if you happen to find yourself in that state when the time comes.  Unless, as you say, there's another gratuitous and unneeded FAQ that will compel what is already understood by most.  Then we'll use the FAQ.  Sure.  why not.

Unfortunately the rule book is not clear on this. This is why it's one of the most popular questions being asked on the gw FAQ inquiry.

There is a contradictory entry in ICs which goes against the special rule entry

Cortland, Cortland, Cortland. Now you went and made yourself into a cloudy cheesemonger. I'll send you out a membership card.

• Like 1

If it was clear, no cheesemonger would bring it up?  That's your opinion?  i disagree.

Sorry but it's not unclear and those threads are started by guys like my opponent who had a momentary memory lapse or something (or God forbid, they are gaming things).  I in my heart of hearts do not beleive for one second he was trying to play it incorrectly.  i think it simply didn't occur to him.  it's not more complicated nor nefarious than that. We all make a mistake.  It happens.  

So this was a simple matter of me not knowing THAT models rules (thus not catching the error) and him not thinking about it until it was too late.  Nuff said.  it isn't about the legitimacy to your claim that this is in some manner cloudy.  it's not.  I don't mind you saying that you find it cloudy.  Just as long as we can agree there will be a roll off if you happen to find yourself in that state when the time comes.  Unless, as you say, there's another gratuitous and unneeded FAQ that will compel what is already understood by most.  Then we'll use the FAQ.  Sure.  why not.

Bolding of text done by me.

When you say things like this. It makes you look like an... Oh, nevermind, now I'm wasting my time too.