PortalGlyph and Attack Pattern Qs

WestRider

Not one about them interacting. One about each.

The Chaos Daemon Codex says that the PortalGlyph "is treated as an Immobilized Vehicle". In 6th, that didn't need any more clarification, but in 7th, Vehicles are generally Scoring Units. Is the PortalGlyph a Unit in your Army? Does it Control/Contest Objectives? I played it as tho it didn't, because I thought of it mid-Game, and didn't want to spring that on my Opponent as a surprise. Wouldn't have actually mattered in that case, since it wasn't on an Objective, but I can see situations where it would.

If a Flyer Wing has more Models in it than required for a certain Attack Pattern, can I send one of them off on its own while the others form one of the smaller Attack Patterns? For example, if I have a Wing of 4 Storm Talons, can I have one of them head off to do whatever elsewhere, while the other 3 form up in one of the 3-Model Attack Patterns? This one hasn't come up, I was just wondering.

Since it is treated as a vehicle, it would seem to me that it is scoring; an argument could be made that it is a marker, not a model, but the status indicated a marker seems only to apply for determining the Portalglyph's initial location. However, there definitely is some ambiguity there, so it's probably something you would want to send in as a question to the ITC and/or speak with your TO about it.

The turn a Flyer Wing arrives from reserve it would have to maintain "coherency" (though not necessarily an Attack Pattern), but in subsequent turns they can do anything they want. And yes, if two (or three) of a four-model Wing form a legal Attack Pattern while the other is off doing something else, they gain the full benefits of it.