Stormcast list feedback

AgentP

I know little about Stormcast, but I have some models and would like to make them into a viable force.  I don't want to collect a huge army of them however, I just want to buy exactly what I would need for a good 2000 pt list.  What do people think of this?

HEROES

Lord Celestant On Stardrake (600)

UNITS
Liberators x 10 (200)

Liberators x 10 (200)

Paladin Decimators x 5 (200)

Paladin Protectors x 5 (200)

Judicators x 5 (160)

Judicators x 5 (160)

Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers x 3 (100)

FORMATIONS
The Skyborne Slayers (140)

WOUNDS: 112 TOTAL POINTS: 1960 / 2000

This is shockingly close to the list I was building.  Slightly different, but pretty close.  As far as I am concerned its a good list haha :D

Although I'm not positive you can use a Lord Celestant on Stardrake as the Lord-Celestant in the Sky Bourne Slayers.  The other lists that have multiple Lord-Celestant types as options seem to list them separately.  I think you can only take the on-foot version.  Could be wrong.  See Lords of the Storm or Warrior Brotherhood.

I wasn't sure either, but some folks on the forums and Facebook groups made me think I can.  The big dude on the stardrake has the keyword "Lord Celestant" Apparently based on some GW FAQ answers this keyword being present makes people think this is okay.  I'm still not 100%. 

Alternatively, I would go with a Celestant on foot, and a Celestant Prime, along with a second unit of Prosecutors.  Honestly, from a visual appeal, I like that option better as I love the prosecutor wings, and the celestant prime.  But I suspect the lightning striking stardrake would make for some good shock value

Yeah I'm not positive either, but it seems like battalions generally list specific units rather than keywords.  Hopefully the next FAQ will cover it.  

A Prime alongside the Skybourne Slayers would actually be pretty amazing.  

Since you are looking at Skybourne Slayers too, can you look at the Matched Play Scenario Escalation.  How do you suppose the battalion would work in this scenario since you need to set-up units in waves, but the battalion requires that you call down the whole battalion at the same time.  Would this mean you couldn't use the Hurled by Sigmar's Hand rule in this scenario?  Or would you be able to call them in during separate turns instead of all at once?  Or would you have to wait until you have all the units "set up" before you can call them down?

My opinion is the second is probably most true because it says "In any of your movement phases, you can transport all of the units from the Skybourne Slayers that you have placed to one side onto the battlefield".  So if you have some placed to one side, no matter the phase you can transport them to the battlefield.  What are your thoughts AgentP?

You don't have to reserve all the units from the battalion.  You get to chose which ones to reserve, and those which are reserved do indeed come in at once.  But you could chose only one or two units to reserve if you wanted.  

Under Escalation, I personally think that a unit's ability to deploy via lightning strike, or some other special deployment, likely trumps the scenario's deployment rules about deploying in your deployment edge, etc.  However, you can only deploy under the Skyborne rule once, so you might have to restrict that type of deployment to one of the three turns.

So, for example, let's take my list from above, using the Celestant Prime version.  I have 10 war scrolls, and since I have to deploy battle line first (per the scenario), I would deploy the two liberator units and the two judicator units in round one, in my deployment zone.  I would then likely take the celestant on foot, and the two paladin units and deploy them using the Hurled from Sigmar's Hand rule.  Then in turn 3 I would call down the Prime, who would deploy as per his unique war scroll rules, and the two prosecutors would deploy in the deployment zone per the scenario.

But all that is just my thoughts.  Nothing is clear, that's for certain, and reasonable minds may certainly differ.

That makes sense.  I do wish it was more clear though because there is nothing in the rule that states the transportation only happens once, but only that the units placed to the side have to be deployed all at the same time.  

So that would result in being able to do the transportation rule every single turn.  Which could be perceived as abusive, so I would definitely go with your interpretation.  Quite a gimp to that battalion though.