Food Banks and Beer Gardens -Help Feed Bellingham Families

Koyote

I work for Ben Kinney and Keller Williams and we are raising money for the Whatcom County Food Banks. If you're interested, I appreciate your help. If you choose not to donate, perhaps you'd like to join us on September 24th for the Food Truck Roundup (20 food trucks, live music & a beer garden -SEE below).

Turn every $10 you donate into $160 of food for families in Whatcom County.

How you ask? By manipulating the winds of magic? By forming a pact with the Chaos gods? By using wondrous archeotech scavenged from the deepest sublevels of the hive city Necromunda? Or perhaps by helping Viking raiders sack a Dark Age Christian monastery?

wimpodites_zpsuuofopx3.jpg

No, no, no and no. You can turn a $10 donation into a $160 worth of food for needy families in Whatcom County by donating to my Whatcom County Food Bank fundraising page, from now until September 24th. The process is fast, easy, and secure. And I’ve been assured that not a cent of your donation will go to administrative costs, advertising, or to line the pockets of non-profit executives.

Donation LINKY

You may be surprised to learn who is hungry in Whatcom County.

Nearly 20% of the population of Whatcom County visit one of the county's food banks on a regular basis. More than 50% of the people who visit the food bank are children or senior citizens. The Bellingham Food Bank is one of the busiest food banks in Western Washington—visited by more than 1,200 Bellingham families every week.

By buying in bulk and through its agreements with local farms and businesses, the Whatcom County Food Banks are able to transform every $10 donation into $80 worth of fresh, nutritious food for hungry families in Whatcom County. And from now until September 24th, your donations will be matched, dollar for dollar, by Ben Kinney & Keller Williams Realty, so every $10 you give between now and September 24th will become $160 worth of food for families in Whatcom County.

Last Friday I toured the Bellingham Food Bank and I have to say that it’s an AMAZING operation. Its team of staff and volunteers works tirelessly to distribute food to families and to ensure that every person through the door is treated with dignity and respect. When you walk into the distribution area you see large photos of produce on the walls, shelves lined with healthy options, coolers filled with milk, freezers containing frozen proteins, and a large section of fresh, local produce. The design is not that of a soup line, but rather a shopping experience where people move about the area at their own pace, free to select from many great options.

Delivery service is provided for those unable to make it to one of the Whatcom County locations, ensuring access for all.

FB5_zpsdehcakxo.jpg

If you can't make a donation at this point, help me reach my goal by sharing my website on Facebook and Twitter! Or, even better, send an e-mail to friends you think might be interested in contributing and include a link to my page!

Lastly, if you are in the Bellingham area on Saturday, September 24th, please join us at the annual Feed the Need Food Truck Roundup from 11am to 3pm at Civic Field. There will be over 20 food trucks from you to choose from, as well as a beer garden by Kulshan Brewery, live music and a family area.

FOODBANKROUNDUP_zps4bkf1jou.jpg

Thanks so much for your generosity.

• Like 3

Please do me a favor and send this info / a flyer / whatever I can post to my work email:

dalmer@cob.org

I'll see if I can get our Public Information Officer to post it on the agency's Facebook page, too and also to push it out to media / other LE agencies.

Stay safe,

don

Sent.  Thank you. e14144.gif

I want to thank everyone who donated to my fundraising webpage. I raised $3,142 (which is only $11 less than the web pages of the rest of my office mates, combined). After being matched by KW and multiplied by eight to take into account the benefits of buying in bulk and the discounts that the Food Banks have arranged with local farmers and suppliers, your donations to my page will provide over $50,000 of food for the families of Whatcom County.

You guys rock!

image_zpsvye3tsex.jpeg

• Like 1