Chaos Pact (aka Renegades) team tips?

Dark Trainer

I'm building a Chaos Pact team for the tourny coming up and am torn on what to bring. My base team is 1050TV, and i can have 1100. Is 13 players worth it, or should I take 5 fan factor, or some other perk? Thoughts?

List so far - 1050 Team Value: 

1. 2 rerolls 140
  2. Ogre 150
  3. Troll 110
  4. Minotaur 140
  5. Goblin Renegade 40
  6. Dark Elf Renegade 70
  7. Marauder 50
  8. Marauder 50
  9. Marauder 50
  10. Marauder 50
  11. Marauder 50
  12. Marauder 50
  13. Ugroth Bolgrot (Chainsaw Star player) 100

Also for skills, I'm torn. I'm choosing the 4 skills & 1 double skill. So far I have this:

1. Minotaur (Claw)
  2. Ogre (Guard)
  3. Troll (Guard)
  4. Marauder (Leader)
  5. Dark Elf (Dodge or 2 Heads)

Looking for input, feel free to change anything you're thinking. I was given some suggestions around Ogre taking break tackle & troll taking grab (since I don't have a side step counter). 

That's a few questions, but here are my thoughts:

Is 13 players worth it, or should I take 5 fan factor, or some other perk?
FF isn't really worth something to invest heavily in IMO especially given that Chaos Pact doesn't need to go first/second nearly as much as some other teams (lookin' at you, dwarfs). Thirteen players is definitely something worth thinking about, but I'd probably look at shifting things around to get a different perk first (star player upgrade, etc).

Thoughts on skills:

1. Minotaur (Claw)

I'd avoid Claw here as Pact has no base skills which are far more important. A more reasonable choice would be Break Tackle if you're looking to take a minotaur for murder purposes. Guard is also reasonable given how Wild Animal works.

1. Ogre (Guard)
  2. Troll (Guard)

Guard on big guys is pretty good on a team that otherwise gets run on by easier to play bash teams like orcs.

1. Marauder (Leader)

I'd try to fit the extra reroll in given that Pact has average stats and no base skills. It's wasted to have Leader when nobody on your team has Block yet.

1. Dark Elf (Dodge or 2 Heads)

Two heads is cool, but Dodge is the better choice.

Honestly, Pact plays best when you just run them as "bad" humans light on big guys. I'd run something closer to:

1. Ogre
  2. Dark Elf
  3. Goblin
  4. Marauder
  5. Marauder
  6. Marauder
  7. Marauder
  8. Marauder
  9. Marauder
  10. Marauder
  11. Marauder
  12. Marauder
    Rerolls: 3

This'll bring you to 910k leaving you with a healthy 190k to spend. If you want to pick up another big guy, the Minotaur is a better grab than the Troll which would leave you with 40k to buy FF/cheerleaders/coaches. For skill choices, grabbing Guard on the Ogre is a pretty big automatic pick and I'd likely list Dodge on the Dark Elf as the same. The remaining four skill picks depend on what else you want to do. Two heads on the gobbo is a great pickup as is Block for a Marauder or two. If you brought the Minotaur, choosing between Block as a double (which is great) and Break Tackle should depend on how much you want a flex skill on a last Marauder. If you do, I'd suggest dropping a Marauder for the Skaven and making it a wrestler.

So my end roster would look something like:

1. Ogre (Guard)
  2. Dark Elf (Dodge)
  3. Goblin (Two heads)
  4. Minotaur (Break Tackle)
  5. Skaven (Wrestle)
  6. Marauder (Block)
  7. Marauder
  8. Marauder
  9. Marauder
  10. Marauder
  11. Marauder
  12. Marauder
  13. Marauder
    Rerolls: 3
    TV: 1,060,000

It's not flashy and it's definitely a weak team, but I think this is about the most competitive Chaos Pact team you can run.

• Like 1