Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paxmiles

GG AoS Game Night

Recommended Posts

Surprised they haven't posted yet. https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=NWF2MTIwNTY0bXFzNzZqZGlycHNqOGgwYWpfMjAxODAyMDdUMDIwMDAwWiBhZG1pbkBndWFyZGlhbmdhbWVzcG9ydGxhbmQuY29t&ctz=America/Los_Angeles Link is to the GG calendar entry. Host listed is a GG employee.

Guardian Games now has a Tuesday "time slot" and tables set aside for Age of Sigmar. 6pm-10pm. It's not in the Bar area. Saw it two weeks ago, no one showed, but they also didn't really advertise. Tuesday means that it takes place during the WOW 40k game night, which could be good, since it means overflow from WOW can go to GG. 

Anyway, I might be showing up there, but also may go to WOW for 40k. Bad time for me, as it tests my alliegence with the two games. Still, worth mentioning for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow even the mighty Guardian Games can't get people to play AoS haha only kidding. I know a few people that are considering showing up at GG on Tuesdays to play. I think the most active AoS community is over at Geeks and Games in Oregon City on Friday nights, they have upwards of 10 plus people show up. I am hopeful that we can get more people in the area playing AoS because it is a ton of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to play but if I had Tuesday off I would rather play at the club house than GG. I can’t get anyone other than Pax to come and play there with me at the club on Sunday. I can’t expect Pax to want to be my opponent every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

Wow even the mighty Guardian Games can't get people to play AoS haha only kidding. I know a few people that are considering showing up at GG on Tuesdays to play. I think the most active AoS community is over at Geeks and Games in Oregon City on Friday nights, they have upwards of 10 plus people show up. I am hopeful that we can get more people in the area playing AoS because it is a ton of fun.

Like I said, not well advertised. I don't think it's well known that GG is doing this, and their calendar is always very busy. And until players show up for regular gaming, I doubt it will become well known. I do think tuesday is a really bad night for this, though. I mentioned this to them. Aside from WOW conflicts, it makes it hard on players that always play AoS with their children, since tuesday is a school night. 

15 hours ago, Jay said:

I would like to play but if I had Tuesday off I would rather play at the club house than GG. I can’t get anyone other than Pax to come and play there with me at the club on Sunday. I can’t expect Pax to want to be my opponent every week. 

In fairness, if we had a large gathering at WOW on sunday, with lots of AoS players, we wouldn't have room for those infinity players. As is, our game was borrowing their space. 

One I have wondered for a while, do we have WOW on any other days of the week, or is just tuesday, Saturday and Sunday that the space can be used? I understand the limitation of requiring someone with keys to be there.

As for playing every week, I'd give it a try if you wanted. I think I could commit to a month of weekly games against you, if you wanted. Not every opponent, but we had enough fun where I think it could work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did see some people there the other night, but I was too engrossed in my pathfinder game to verify if they were playing AoS. Playing at the AoS tables though. Anychance that was you, Mikhaillenin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Norrad said:

So I’ve been by GG on multiple Thursdays nights now and no AOS in sight! Is this still an event? I’m guessing not. 

Its actually on Tuesdays and I have heard that people are showing up for it 4-5 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were 4 playing last tuesday. I was there, but didn't remember it was happening until after I got there, so no army. Was Sylvaneth, Nurgle, High Elves, and Khorne. One guy I hadn't met, 3 people I already knew. Don't think any of them are on Ordo yet...

15 hours ago, Norrad said:

So I’ve been by GG on multiple Thursdays nights now and no AOS in sight! Is this still an event? I’m guessing not. 

Tuesday, as per the OP. And yes, it is still going. Sucks that you've been expecting it on Thursday, since that sounds lonely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×