OFCC 2018 1 day Tournament

gilgamesh

Hope everyone saw the announcement.

I will be hosting this years 2018 OFCC Kings of War Tournament.

It is just a one day event on August 24th. 2000 point lists, event will have a high focus on sportsmanship.

More details to follow.

I wanted to post this to get a conversation going, as more details come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This might be doable for me as I intend to go to the Infinity team tourney as well so hopefully things'lol work out.

One thing I feel I should mention is that 2250 is the new standard set forth for this year and is actually pretty easy to get to if you're a Warhammer refugee given the model count differences between the two days. 

Anyway, looking forward to more details about this in the near future!

• 4 weeks later...

here we go.  I also have the event details in a Facebook event, along with a hype video!!

Kings of War 1500-point matched game tournament on August 24th, 2018.  The event will be held at the Hilton in downtown Vancouver, WA.  The entry Fee is $25, which goes to help support the event and the 2018 OFCC.  There will be 4 matches in the afternoon, with a small break in the evening.

The event will have a Twilight Kin theme but will otherwise have scenarios based on Clash of Kings 2018.  We will be using the COK 2018 rules updates as well. Player scores will be based on the following: 50% battle, 25% painting, 25% sportsmanship.

Painting: Credit will be given for having a painted army and then bonus points awarded based off level of painting.  With a best overall voted for at the end of the day.

Sportsmanship: Players will rate each opponent and vote for favorite opponent.

Got Kin? Get in here!

Schedule:

4 game sessions of 75-minutes each

8:00-1:00 Set up and open play

1:00-2:15 Game 1

15-minute break

2:30-3:45 Game 2

15-minute break

4:00-5:15 Game 3

5:15-6:00 Dinner break

6:00-7:15 Game 4

Awards